• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Strings

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    I totally snapped the high e-string on my guitar tonight. It was my fault but the mood I’m in it pissed me off. I’ve had a day or two like that…
    Anyways…saving up for new strings. What’s good for an acoustic? It’s a half-size and the last time I got new strings I let the guy at the music store pick them out. I know strings aren’t so expensive but the music store has to put it on, because I don’t know how and that’s expensive.
    I guess no guitar for a while…

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    I like the Earthwoods also..they’re pretty inexpensive and sound good to me!! as far as changing them there’s about a million and one tutorials on YouTube and just about as many articles written around the web about changing strings..study up and give it a shot!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Changing strings is not especially hard. You’d be well-served to learn how to do it yourself, because it’s not a problem that will ever go away. Get a string winder (costs less than paying someone else to string the guitar) and you probably already have a tuner. Some clippers, and you’re all set.

Jen Hapke

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    You can get a string winder in every guitar shop or online. A string winder will help you and it will take less time and I bought mine for 1 or 2 €. The first time it takes a bit long but it’s not difficult to do if you do it along to a video. I would totally recommend learning it because you need it often.
    If you get to a difficult point while doing it, I guess we are all here to help you.

Synner Endless Summer Collection