• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tapping questions

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
No that is not normal. Maybe you are simply not pressing hard enough with your talling hand. Basically more force goves you a higher volume(just don’t press to hard or the note wiĺl go sharp). Just try to develop finger strength and you’ll be good

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Repetition repetition repetition. Keep tapping the same 3 notes until you’ve got it as loud as you want it to be. Then move positions or change fingers and do it again. The biggest thing that helped with my tapping was advice from an old guitar tutor: tap as close to the next fret as you can. Tapping in the middle of the fret can cause the note to not ring out as clearly. And for the pull-off notes, flick your finger towards the ground, but not too forcefully, to create a *pluck*. When I tap, all my fingers tend to fall towards the ground on the pull off to create a bit more volume. It takes a bit of practice, but resting your right hand on the strings helps with muting. As far as hammer ons, that’s pretty much all in the finger strength, gained from repetition and practice. If you start to feel tired, take a break and come back in 15 minutes. Tapping is a real stamina drainer at first if you do it for an extended part like Eruption.

Synner Endless Summer Collection