• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Schecter synyster gates standsrd peoblem

stypan1

New Student
Feb 14, 2023
So in december last year i bought my sny standard. I loved it sooo much, but soon i had my 1st problem. Guitar pickups when switched just turned down low, and it was so random. Later i sent it to guitar service, and it was a switch problem, and it was easily repaired.
Now a couple of weeks back i discovered, and idk if it was always like that, but tone konb seemed to to absolutely nothing untill fully turned down. Idk is it supposed to do that, and if it is not do you have any idea what might be the problem?
Thank you!

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
May 23, 2021
Without getting too technical, there are different kinds of potentiometers that work differently. Not all of them are 50% when turned halfway. Some are designed to change based on the way we hear sound which is a bit more complex.

It also depends on the quality of the potentiometer. I wouldnt doubt if Schecter used a lower quality pot, especially since it’s a Syn Standard.

I’ve noticed that it also depends what kind of amp you’re plugged into, how much gain, and how loud.

I don't think it’s a problem overall, how often are you really using it? But if it’s bothering you, upgrade it to a CTS or Bourns pot.

Upvote 0

stypan1

New Student
Feb 14, 2023
Without getting too technical, there are different kinds of potentiometers that work differently. Not all of them are 50% when turned halfway. Some are designed to change based on the way we hear sound which is a bit more complex.

It also depends on the quality of the potentiometer. I wouldnt doubt if Schecter used a lower quality pot, especially since it’s a Syn Standard.

I’ve noticed that it also depends what kind of amp you’re plugged into, how much gain, and how loud.

I don't think it’s a problem overall, how often are you really using it? But if it’s bothering you, upgrade it to a CTS or Bourns po

I don't think it’s a problem overall, how often are you really using it? But if it’s bothering you, upgrade it to a CTS or Bourns pot.
You are right, i use it like never so i dont think it is that big of a deal
Anyway thank you soooo much

Reactions: Ed Seith
Upvote 0