Theory books

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    @Ed Seith beat me to the Beato book suggestion - that's an amazing resource 👌

A great companion to it - you can arguably learn most of the same theory without buying the book - is Rick's youtube channel.

If you search 'Rick Beato basics of music theory' you'll get a whole range of whiteboard lectures that you can take notes on 👌

Reactions: Lindsey and SkyM
    Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    @Ed Seith beat me to the Beato book suggestion - that's an amazing resource 👌

A great companion to it - you can arguably learn most of the same theory without buying the book - is Rick's youtube channel.

If you search 'Rick Beato basics of music theory' you'll get a whole range of whiteboard lectures that you can take notes on 👌

I find the Beato stuff to fast and too advanced for the n00b, even when he says it is. Hard to turn off a raging faucet like that, I guess, which is why I mentioned the Dummies book, too.

Upvote 0

SkyM

Free Bird Player
    Nov 19, 2021
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I find the Beato stuff to fast and too advanced for the n00b, even when he says it is. Hard to turn off a raging faucet like that, I guess, which is why I mentioned the Dummies book, too.
    I wouldn't consider myself a "noob" but I most definitely am a "dummy" 😂🤣 all of these suggestions are very helpful and much appreciated, thank you everyone.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection