• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

To A7X and Syn gates Lets talk about what we want the next album to be like

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Well, guitar-wise what I said in my own thread about it, but overall I just want a relentless album. In a time where mainstream rock/metal bands are watering down and dumbing down, I’d like an album that just isn’t cool and hip or whatever. And that would be 10 minute long prog-thrash songs. Have the melody A7X is known for, but add that aggression and in your face mentality.
The style I have in mind is like what Trivium did on Shogun and Machine Head did on The Blackening. I’m not saying they should ape those bands, but Avenged could totally nail a record like that. Epic, dark, heavy and progressive.
Give me riffs and solos to the sound of armageddon. 😎

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Tot me what I want to hear is mostry singing (in dont like screaming/grunting That much) Besides That i’d like to be surprised. Since they change every album (being able to do That is a gift on its own) I’m sure they will do something different again. As far as style in general of they combine city Of Evil, Hail Tot The King and the stage i would definetely love That.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Ids Schiere Well, as somebody who’s very into extreme metal, I can’t help but wish Matt actually starts to scream again. It doesn’t have to be like on STST. They had screaming on Not Ready To Die few years back. I’d be pleased with even that amount, because it would make the heavy parts more convincing and heavier. You can’t have Axl Rose over a Pantera instrumental, you know? Haha.
But it’s up to Matt. And I’ll most likely get disappointed knowing that he won’t scream on the next album. I guess that’s on the list of things that won’t happen along with Tool’s new album, but one can hope. 😛

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
@lelouch I dont think you are the only one with That. I’m simply not much of a metal Guy. At the moment I’m more into gypsy jazz, Beatles, Bruno Mars, Elton John, Rolling Stones, a bit of classical. But it would be interesting if Matt would scream again (preferably the ocasionally screams like on paradigm)

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
And that’s completely fair, Ids. But it’s cool that Avenged can attract people like you who are more into jazz, and people like me who are die-hard metalheads.
Anyway, I just really want something darker and aggressive on the next one, and I’ll hold on to that hope again and again until it happens. If it doesn’t happen with the next one, it will probably happen eventually when they are like 70, so Matt’s natural singing voice will basically be a black metal screech at that point. 😂

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Lol we should all just be happy with whatever they choose to put out. Bands start falling apart when they start playing what they think fans will like instead of playing the music thats in their hearts. The best music comes from musicians just having fun and not overthinking whether or not people will like it. THEY have to like what they are playing. Plus, has A7X really done us dirty yet? I would say not. Just trust that they are going to put out some seriously artistic modern metal/rock and take us on a rollercoaster like theyve done every time before.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Christopher No one is holding a gun on their heads and saying “you must do it exactly like this or you die”, we just say what we would like to hear, and there is nothing wrong about that. I never understood the mentality where you shouldn’t say what you would like your favorite band to do next.
In fact, I think if fans are encouraged to say what they would like, it would envigorate the band with new fresh ideas. If I heard a style on an album by somebody else that maybe the band didn’t hear, they could get inspired by that because they haven’t heard that thing yet. Again, not saying they must follow our instructions, but there is nothing wrong with fans suggesting a couple of things here and there, because it’s the band’s choice at the end.

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I don’t have a strict vision for what direction I want to see them take. I want something different but still familiar, which is what the stage did really well, and Hail to the King imo. As long as the passion is there then it will show, and I will more than likely enjoy it!

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
I’ve been watching live videos of old songs on YouTube, and I thought “man, how epic would it be if they incorporated stuff like this with their new songwriting style”. Mixing that darkness and aggression with progressive and melodic. Imagine a song like Remenissions or Second Heartbeat fused with The Stage. Holy shit. I’d sell my soul for that to happen, not even kidding…

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I think it’s a little arrogant to tell an artist what they should do next creatively. I haven’t enjoyed every song or even every album they’ve done, but they’ve put their hearts and minds into it all and done what they felt was right for them each time. Can’t ask more than that.