• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Update

G

It’s been two months since my last forum explaining that I was getting frustrated with guitar. I decided to drop in and tell you of any improvements. I haven’t made many improvements. I’m trying to get a job by the summer time so I can try and afford both a working guitar and lessons because I learn better having a teacher who can make sure I’m doing things correctly. I can kinda play some simple things such as a couple riffs of Halsey’s “Drive” and I kinda sort of have Lana Del Rey’s “Blue Jeans” down. I’m still trying to learn tabs, tuning, scales, etc which is still majorly confusing for me but I’m not giving up hope. I’m hoping to get a lot more done this summer where I don’t have school holding me back. I quit both marching band and concert band so I can gain more free time this summer for practice time. I AM NOT GIVING UP!!! This summer should be productive!

Kirstin Deal

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Yes girl! I love your motivation! Your sacrifices are a representation of your determination. And hey, it’s okay that you know a couple songs. All knowledge has value no matter how much that may be. Good luck! I can’t wait to see how else you improve

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Good to hear you are still on the path, keep at it. Try not to put to much pressure on yourself though, start small, take your time and get the basics down first. A solid foundation will only benefit you when you start stacking the building blocks of guitar on top later.
Best of luck landing a job for the summer!