• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What now?

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I hate to sound like that guy who is saying “I have done it all” but I feel as if I have lol. I have performed, learned stuff from every genre, played in a band, learned a lot of theory. Where do I go from here? I am losing interest in playing I used to love playing and learning but I feel as if I have learned just about everything and I have even written a few songs and recorded them so I put it to use. I am not saying I am a master of the guitar but I am saying I know a lot more than the average or even good player would. I am just wondering if anyone has something I can learn about that would kind of put me down a rabbit hole. I am just bored with guitar and would love to do or learn something that a lot of people never do or get to.

Richard O'connor

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Birmingham, England.
I know how you feel bit believe me when i say this, you have not learnt it all. Even synyster gates himself or pappa gates have not learnt it all even if they are amazing at guitar. Their Is always room from improvement and things to be learnt from other players. Learn things from different styles of music. Even learn from piano players or saxophone players and try and interpret what they are doing on guitar. You might be surprised what different things you can come up with by doing this. If will also help with your writing.
The guitar is a never ending learning journey. Never give up with what you are doing. Their Is always something new to learn, and if you THINK you’ve learnt it all, then look elsewhere and use that to improve your playing. Don’t give up, don’t get bored, keep on going. We are all in the same boat. =)

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I know I have not learned everything Richard lol I am looking for something new I just don’t know what to learn I have been working on some worship music (it was fun for a while) I really want to learn how to do those like inhumanely fast arpeggios that people do but I do not know where to start. Anyone have an idea of where to start?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
You could wotk on improvising and just kinda enjoy playing. Another thing you could do is really dive into stuff like classical and gypsy jazz because that it a pretty big wormhole to fall into. In the end I feel like you never really know all the stuff you could possibly know(and that is fine) but you can chery pick the stuff you really like and practice does a bit more than the rest

Synner Endless Summer Collection
J

Jak Angelescu

Learn another style or stringed instrument! Like try getting into classical guitar or even the banjo. I’m so wanting to learn some blue Grass stuff that’s up beat! So much fun! Go read Syn’s biography on here. There are some crazy ass things he’s learned I never even knew existed.