• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What pick size you guys prefer ?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I’ve used thick, Jazz-size picks for over 30 years. It was Jazz 2.0 Stubbies for over 20, then I hunted for better. Finally landed on Jazz III Ultex for size, feel, and tone. The JPs are great, too, but are a little bigger than I’m used to. Despite the different coloring, those are also made of Ultex, and both last a VERY long time, even with aggressive playing. They’re bith around 1.5 to 2mm, but are thick enough that I don’t care which it is.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Sean McKeown

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    just started changing up and trying different picks myself. There is quite a bit of difference in sound depending on the pick. And of course feel. I have preferred for years the 2mm Dunlop “Big Stubby” purple picks, tho. But just ordered two Dragon Heart picks and two Chicken Picks. The Chicken Picks haven’t arrived yet, but I’ve been using the Dragon Hearts for a week now. Very different, in a good way…louder sound produced, and they glide through the strings, there is little resistance, but yet a very loud solid sound produced. I found that using the fat side works best, tho, not the weird claw-like side.

Synner Endless Summer Collection