• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What Type of Shecter Guitar Would You Recommend For Me?

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Some of the thing that you should consider before buying a guitar are what neck shape do you want (thin c, ultra thin c…), what kind of picukps do you want (active or passive), maybe you want a sustaniac pickup that holds your note forever that syn uses, do you want a guitar with floyd rose or without it? What kind of guitar do you have in mind?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I agree with the others that your price range and what kinda guitar you want is important. As far as schecter guitars go in own one and i have only played one in my life: Schecter Synyster Gates deluxe and i love it!

Joe Giumarello

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
www.tiktok.com
I have to say the build qualities on schecters now are remarkable. No one hate on me but in my opinion I think they’re better than Gibson’s and they have great value. For my schecter I got a Hellraiser frs. Sustainaic, Schecter USA brimstone pickup, mahogany body, arch quilted maple top, Floyd rose 1500, and Grover tuners for $1,079 USD. Now comparing that to the $1,400 Les Paul studio, I take the schecter every time

soren a

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Schecter makes really nice geetars im going to say a classic avenger $300 or a hellraiser $800 range hellraiser or schecter with floyd and/or sustainiac then we got the schecter syn customs $1000-$1500 about

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Schecter is so good, I paid extra to have one shipped to Canada, TWICE. I still am wanting a gibson tho, but the one I want is mad expensive. But its gibson season at the store this month! well see….
The schecter I started with they dont make anymore, but its great. 10 years old and still sounds brand new.

Sven Barnitzki

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Germany
Look for something with:
– ebony fretboard / quick response is good for metal
– high output pickups
– a “fast” neck for good shredding
– 24 frets
There are some good companies out there for doing stuff like that. If you want to go with schecter – look at the apocalypse series.
Do you have a budget?

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I revently bought that guitar, and altho it sounds great. I wouldn’t recommend that to a starter. Those pick ups are so good tho. I bought that guitar for 2000 dollars cdn fully loaded. I’m not saying its not a great buy, but this guitar was 1200 more then my starter guitar was. You beat up your first guitar pretty bad.. just hate to spend that much money on that to beat it up.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’ve heard endless praise for the Banshee models. I have a Blackjack SLS and those run right around $1k-$1,200 American dollars, which is on the upper end of your budget, but I can vouch for their quality. The C-1 SLS models also have Fishman Fluence pickups, which are very customizable active pickups. I’ve heard great things about them and would love to put them in my guitar.