• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What's the minor scale pattern?

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Can somebody please tell me what the minor scale pattern is? I know what the major scale pattern is off by heart, but I can’t seem to find the minor scale pattern. This would really help me, as I am sick to death of repeating the major scale pattern! Many thanks!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
If you Just mean the minor scale. If you take the major scale and move back 3 frets from the root than that’s the root of your minor scale. So for example for the G major scale. If you start on E you will have the Eminor scale

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    What scale patterns are you interested in exactly?
    From what I was able to figure out, you can play the major scale patterns over the relative minor scale without a problem, since the notes from these two scales are the same. For example, the C major and A minor scales, which are relatives, share the same notes, the only difference being in the order in which they are played. This is also true for the C pentatonic and A minor pentatonic. You just have to emphasize on either the minor scale root or the major scale root from time to time. At least that’s what I do.
    I hope this helps.