• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Writing a Tribute Song tips?

Markus Nick

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi there Soren,
I don’t know how experienced you are, so just skip information you don’t need or it’s ‘logical’.
I can tell you how I write songs (just my own experience with it).
Nearly all of my songs begin with a melody in my head thats typical the CHORUS of the song. Sometimes its just a follow-up of basic chords.
After this I figure out the other parts (often the song has the typical pattern INTRO (often same as Chorus without lyrics) – VERSE 1 – PRECHORUS – CHORUS – VERSE 2 – PRECHORUS – CHORUS – BRIDGE – SOLO – CHORUS, maybe a third verse somewhere there).
My first songs were just basic chords and power Chords and the solo just some little picking or there was none at all.
Lets say something to lyrics. I find its easy to write lyrics in rhymes because when you figured out the first line the second line isnt that hard. You just take the last word that rhymes and think about something that fits best to that word. And there you have 2 lines. Lets go on with the next 2 lines 🙂
I often use websites that suggest rhymes (and of course some translator because english isnt my mother tongue).
Hope it helps a little bit 😉
Good luck with your song!