• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

your first guitar

Billie M

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Mine was an Hondo classical guitar and yeah I still play with it. It’s not the best choice when I want to record something but when I feel like I’ve been running in circle for a while with my other guitar (an acoustic Art & Lutherie) I go back to this one for a while. It helps creatively since they don’t have the same feel or sound since they’re not the same kind of guitars either.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
My first guitar was a really shit €30 acoustic nylon string and I’llein never play it again. The last time I played it was like 5 year ago because i needed a nylon string guitar for a project where a compared the tension of steel strings and nylon strings and the reasons why they differ

Hayley Frederick

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
thats awesome guys, I was given my first guitar when i was about 9, it was nothing special it was like a 20$ guitar my sister bought me from walmart, but now that i have started this schooling my boyfriend was nice enough to give me his dean custom matte black and gold. I’m still trying to learn guitars haha.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    1986 Ibanez PL1660 in pearl white. I think I paid $250 for it new. Ibanez “Pro Rock’r” trem and some kind of rail-based humbucking pickups. Great, comfortable guitar. I customized it to unrecognizability and when I bought my new 1990 RG550, I left the strings off it for six months and the neck warped. There was no internet, and I couldn’t get it straightened out, so in my youthful ignorance, I tossed it in a dumpster.
    Yes, it was wrong. Yes, I regret it. No, I never bought a replacement, but I’d think about it.