Alternate Picking Exercise 3 – Lesson 41

Ids Schiere

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Hello, first time posting! I have a question, what makes this lick Dm, looking at the circle of fifths wouldn't the relative minor as A be F# and this seems to be the same notes, apologies if I'm missing something really obvious!
You are right! It's not in Dm. There is a major third of D in the lick, not a minor third(F). The backingtrack is also in Am so I think @Brian Haner Sr. Either made a typo or a mistake when typing the description for this lesson. Let me check the other alternate picking lessons, there may be a mix up.

Reactions: CallumP

CallumP

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 24, 2019
    Nottingham
    www.youtube.com
    You are right! It's not in Dm. There is a major third of D in the lick, not a minor third(F). The backingtrack is also in Am so I think @Brian Haner Sr. Either made a typo or a mistake when typing the description for this lesson. Let me check the other alternate picking lessons, there may be a mix up.
    Ah cool, thank you for clearing it up, was really confused by it for abit haha

Cgabriel

One Stringer
    Jul 4, 2020
    In this lesson we show you how our favorite alternate picking lick in Dm

These drills are rad. I have been trying to improve my technique and guitar skills for a couple of years now and the 3up2back drill actually made me feel like I am progressing. It started off feeling like I could never do it and now I am doing it faster and without hassle. Thank you (Synyster) Gates Foundation!

Synner Endless Summer Collection