• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Aren't We Lucky?

J

Jak Angelescu

OK, this maybe a sappy post. But it’s something that I would like to say. Last night I was having a little bit of a hard night. It wasn’t anything too bad but it had just been a stressful day. And then I wake up this morning and see my biggest guitar idol ever had commented on my improvement video. The thought then had occurred to me, how incredibly lucky we are to have such an amazing idol as an influence. I mean really think about this. How lucky are we that out of all the hundreds of thousands of guitarists in the world that we could look up to, we chose the one that was kind enough to put so much money and time into a school like this to help us out? And then on top of it, give us the opportunity to buy his guitar and meet him in person in jam with him. And even more so? He and his dad comment on our posts and let us know how we are doing. In a world that I see where so very few people care about the progress of others, for a moment I had to sit and think about just what kind of a wonderful community Syn and his father have created. And especially the wonderful love I receive from all of you. When I posted up on Instagram, I was working on scream again. It’s my next Avenged Sevenfold goal song. And there is a part in there that I had had trouble with for years. But there was a student on here a few days ago who commented on my shredding calluses forum that I could be perhaps pressing too hard. I took that advice and believe it or not it actually helped me with my slides a lot more efficiently and that part came out smoother than ever. I never would have thought of that! I just wanted to say that I personally feel extremely lucky. If you look back on my personal Facebook page from last February, I wrote up a status that I was Heartbroken that the man who changed my guitar playing and quite literally changed my life seemed so out of touch and out of reach. That there was no way in hell I would ever be able to even just tell him how much he’s changed my life for the better because he inspired my music to go further. And then the comments came. It’s amazing how much support from your idol can put a skip in your step and a smile on your face no matter how shady life can get. I really truly feel grateful for this entire community. And also, I can’t believe how wonderful Avenged Sevenfold fans really are. They are the greatest fans that I could ever see. With this community I’ve gained so much confidence in myself. No amount of words could ever express my gratitude towards it. It just blew me away the fact that Synyster Gates comments to us, takes time out of his day to send us private videos to help us out and so much more. I just wanted to say, I feel really damm lucky to have such an awesome person as a Guitar Hero.
You all have a fantastic fucking day. I know I will 😎😎😎

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Yes we are definitely very Lucky! Paul Gilbert also has a guitar school thing with artist works where you can send in a video of yourself playing and he will film a video response with feedback for you but a year of that will cost you $279

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I did the Gilbert school several years ago, but realized I was not where I wanted to be for hitting Paul up for tips at the time. Paul does indeed spend HOURS every day, on the road or not, watching student videos and sending back personal video responses, and he’s a wonderfully personable, humble guy and genuine lover of all things musical. I *may* do it again, at some point, as yet another avenue of expansion and growth.
    This site is a different beast, and on top of having Syn and Papa, it’s got a tremendous COMMUNITY that Paul’s ArtistWorks school is lacking.