• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Axe Showcase

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Here's my dynamic duo. On the left is my 2018 Ibanez RG6003FM in Sapphire Burst. This was my first guitar that I got back in March 2019. Currently has a set of 12-60 gauge strings so I can tune it to really any of the tunings I want down to Drop B and up to E flat. Although bending in E flat hurts even after a short bit so generally stays at Drop C or D Standard. On the right is my 2018 Schecter E-1 FR S Special Edition in Trans Purple Burst. It has a set of 10-52 gauge strings on it. I've got the floyd blocked off due to losing patience a time or three when setting it up. Realized I like being able to change tunings frequently and having the bridge blocked off works perfectly fine do so. Looking at some point in the future picking up an additional hard tail so I can set that up with 10-52's too so I can leave this schecter in Drop D with a usable floyd. I loved using it but goddamn was the maintenance frustrating to do haha.
    SchecterIbanezDuo.jpg

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Here's my dynamic duo. On the left is my 2018 Ibanez RG6003FM in Sapphire Burst. This was my first guitar that I got back in March 2019. Currently has a set of 12-60 gauge strings so I can tune it to really any of the tunings I want down to Drop B and up to E flat. Although bending in E flat hurts even after a short bit so generally stays at Drop C or D Standard. On the right is my 2018 Schecter E-1 FR S Special Edition in Trans Purple Burst. It has a set of 10-52 gauge strings on it. I've got the floyd blocked off due to losing patience a time or three when setting it up. Realized I like being able to change tunings frequently and having the bridge blocked off works perfectly fine do so. Looking at some point in the future picking up an additional hard tail so I can set that up with 10-52's too so I can leave this schecter in Drop D with a usable floyd. I loved using it but goddamn was the maintenance frustrating to do haha.
    View attachment 992

Duuuude how does the schecter E-1 play? I think they’re gorgeous! The new jake pitts signature is gorgeous too even tho im not a bvb fan

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Duuuude how does the schecter E-1 play? I think they’re gorgeous! The new jake pitts signature is gorgeous too even tho im not a bvb fan
    It plays amazingly well! The 24th fret is as easy to reach on the schecter as the rg. The neck is a thin c shape with a compound radius to it's meant to shred haha. It isn't Wizard thin but it feels great in my hands. The frets are SS so together with the flat fretboard bends are a breeze. I play sitting down for the most part and for the first I'm not sure, 6 weeks or so? It took a bit to get used to sitting with especially compared to the rg which felt absolutely tiny compared to the E-1. But now that I've gotten used to it and found the spots it feels best it's pretty damn comfortable to play sitting. Can't quite play it as comfortably in the classical position as the rg but that's fine. My short summary, it's a fucking awesome guitar. I'd rate it 8/10. If they made the exact same guitar but instead swapped out the floyd for a hard tail I'd immediately give it a 11/10. If I ever become a big name musician and schecter wants to create a signature guitar for me. I'd probably come up with something that's 90% like this haha.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    View attachment 992
    Such a cool Look! I Hope I will have the means to make a great strap for it soon! ;)