• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

BANGED MY HEAD

Will Wilburn

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
My name is Will aka. "Old Man Papaw"
I played guitar and some keyboards for most of my life. I suffered a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) which wiped out my memory and my ability to remember things short term.
I have been working with a Neurologist who is also a very good guitarist (actually guitar is what he mainly does for a living) to get my memory back and re-train my neural pathways from my brain to my hands/fingers and back. It's like my brain speaks English but my right hand speaks French and my left hand speaks German. I'm making progress.
I am Huge Avenged Sevenfold fan. I would like to thank Syn and Papa Gates for having this school free to everyone who want to learn. I am getting some great exercises and refreshing some old knowledge by using it.

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Welcome to the school Will! Glad to have you here. It's awesome to hear you are still pursuing guitar even after suffering a TBI. That takes time and a lot of will power which I commend you for! If you've got any questions feel free to ask! There are some awesome folks who can help you out with multiple aspects related to guitar whether you're wondering about recording, gigging, maintenance, techniques, theory, why Chad Kroeger is the god of guitar gods. Whatever it is someone will try and help you figure it out! Have a good night/day Will and I hope your recovery goes well!

Synner Endless Summer Collection