• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Beautiful, Gentle Backing Track for Syn's Etude Alternate Picking 1

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey guys! I was practicing the Etude and since it’s in D Aeolian (I think?) I found a backing track that is in F major, Joe Satriani style. The reason why I found a different backing track is because I was thinking to myself, “This scale sounds so dark and metal and heavy. I wonder what it sounds like featured in it’s major key over a different chord progression?”
Sure enough, it sounds very happy. Beautiful and melodic. So if you’re looking to see how the Etude’s can expand into other areas, I think it’s cool to find the key it could be in and find another backing track online to see how it transposes into other sounds. I really like it!
If you’re interested in taking Syn’s Alternate Picking 1 into another sound and improvise using it, here’s the backing track I used 🙂
When I have time I’ll post up my David Gilmour improv along with this one.
You can play G minor, F major and D aeolian to start you off 🙂

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey there buddy. For some reason the link is broken. As soon as I click on it it just takes me back to the homepage of the website. I saw that other people were having issues with one of the ètude parts. Maybe the site is being wonky