• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Better Dynamics

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    A good exercise for Dynamics is to practice how soft you can possibly play something (really over exaggerate), and then gradually build the intensity to how loud you can play it, then back down to soft - this will teach you how far you can push your playing and how much you can train it back when needed 🤟

You could also look up some Acoustic artists and listen to how they play and try to emulate what they're doing. It's all in your preference & your ear though :giggle:

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Don't use a compressor (I think), hearing a lot about that recently. ( like 5 times ) I never knew what it was, maybe I still don't :cautious:

Yeah I second this, a compressor will limit the dynamic range of what your doing - bringing the quieter notes up in volume and the louder notes down in volume so they are even - compressing an acoustic guitar can be useful if you want a really tight percussive sound though!

Reactions: Toby Jones
    Synner Endless Summer Collection