• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

BIG FUN IDEA!!! Synyster Gates School Meetup?

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey guys!!! There are so many clubs, organizations, schools and whatnot that ALWAYS have some sort of meetup that they do yearly and they do fun things. This school has been open for over a year now, and how fun would it be if we all did some sort of student meetup? We all talk about how we want to meet each other and stuff like that. We could meet up and go to a local jam to help some shy students overcome their fears, too! I watched a guy get up alone, on stage, in front of strangers, to do a song, with no band, and no one in the audience to support him. That dude had fucking guts.
But imagine if you had 10+ students from your school that came and supported you? We could also sit in hotel rooms and jam together, teach each other things, and even work up songs together and do open mics together. I know this seems like far-fetched thinking, but I think it would be fun! I use to live in LA and attend these kind of musician circles and they’re loads of fun.
I’m going out to California this summer for job training, and it gave me the idea for it! Let me know if you’d like to do it and what you think!
We don’t have to make it complicated. We can just shoot for a city and a date and if you can make it great if not, not a big deal 🙂

Sayonil Mitra

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
This is definitely a great idea. there must be lots of people from this school who also live in US or at least near your town Jak. try to do it with them if you can. Maybe post something up on your insta/fb. I attended these kinds of stuff back when I was studying in UK. Its so much fun to meet like minded people.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
J

Jak Angelescu

@matt lol. That’s literally my hometown where I live! I was thinking that too because my aunt actually does a musician meetup for the Folk Alliance here for that very reason. I just kind of didn’t want it to seem self-centered. I had thought about Los Angeles because well, it’s LA and it’s cool there!
But if we choose to do it here, I know the PERFECT places for music stuff to really get the students out there!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
orange county guys all the way. I dont think I need to explain why lol. I would have to purchase a passport for this. So realistically this would need to be a few months down the road. But if you guys make a date. I can book the time off work and make it happen. This is something that we really all gotta work on if we wanna make it happen.

J

Jak Angelescu

Lol, Calvin! It would be nice! DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!! LET’S ALL MEET AT JOHNNY’S SALOON!
How fun would that be?! We all could go to open mic jams, check out some blues and jazz clubs, hit up the sunset strip and chill at the infamous pizza place!
If this really happens though, we all need to keep it on the down-low. I don’t want a bunch of crazy fans showing up expecting Syn to be there. So I’ll reach out to some active students and see if they’d like to do this. If we all roomshared and stuff it would be a lot cheaper. But I’ve heard of issues happening with that because of people backing out at the last minute. And next thing you know some person is stuck with a $400 hotel fee. This definitely wouldn’t happen until like July or something like that, maybe even later.
I’ll have to keep putting the idea in people’s brains to see if they’d like to do it. Even if like only 10 students came, that’d be awesome!!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I know Jak. The thing is, and I may be wrong here, from the times people are generally active there do not seem to be a lot of people from Europe among them. Mostly from overseas.
If I’m wrong please tell me because I would love to hang out and jam!