• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Bridge, neck or both positions for soloing?

Andres Pierce

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I personally like to use both, i like having the gain from the bridge but also the smoothness of neck. I find it works good with EMG 81/85s. On my other guitar i have JB in the bridge and jazz in the neck (both duncans). In that case i like keeping it in the bridge because im not huge on the JB but thats just me 🙂

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    For me it also depends. I have a set of EMGs that differ on terms of warmness and aggressiveness. So when I play shred solos I normally use my bridge pickup as it is cold and aggressive, while for melody driven solos (for me The Last Fight by Bullet for my Valentine or Metallica solos like Nothing else matters or the Fade to black Intro) I use the neck pickup to get a warmer, smoother sound. 🙂

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Mike-666.exe

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    It’s usually good to switch between them. For instance the neck pickup gives a more cleaner sound when sweeps or scale runs up or down. However, playong further up the neck on lpwer trings it doesnt have the punch that the bridge pickup would have if that’s what you are going for. Also in most cases neck pickup doesn’t too good with pinch harmonics where as the bridge would never fail (unless you fail). So yea use both depending on the sound you are trying to make.