• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Cheap Practice Amp for home

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Hey students! I'm looking for a cheapie practice amp for home, mine is like really bad and I wanted to start recording something to post here..but the amp sounds awful. So I was looking at the Blackstar ID: Core 10 v2, the Nux mighty lite bt, the Vox pathfinder 10...which would you recommend? Any other amp you would suggest that is affordable? I just started playing and I don't know much about this stuff yet :confused:
    Thanks!!

JetFixxxer

One Stringer
    Jun 9, 2020
    I would suggest a Boss Katana 50 combo. It's a decent modeling amp which you can use as a interface to the computer. You can get a lot of different sounds from it and can be played with headphones.

If that's too expensive I would also look into an audio interface (via usb to computer)such as Focusrite Solo and use free plug-ins. They also make some decent sub 70 audio interfaces as well. The only draw back if that you would be using your computer speakers and or headphones. Also you might have a hard time setting it up in Windows depending on your knowledge of Windows. That's if you are using Win. A lot of times these are fairly straight forward.

Bottom line is do some research on those models you listed and others. Watch some YouTube reviewing the Blackstar and Vox. Make sure that they will do what you want them to do.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I gotta second what @JetFixxxer and @Kim La say. I got myself the Boss Katana 100 3 years ago and I still love that baby. And if I ever were to buy another amp....It would be the Boss Katana MK2.

Get the 50 one and You will not regret it, I promise you, the possibilities with that amp are basically endless...because of the Effects software!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I gotta second what @JetFixxxer and @Kim La say. I got myself the Boss Katana 100 3 years ago and I still love that baby. And if I ever were to buy another amp....It would be the Boss Katana MK2.

Get the 50 one and You will not regret it, I promise you, the possibilities with that amp are basically endless...because of the Effects software!
    Thank you! I did a little research and yes, it seems really really good and I thought it would be more expensive, I can totally save for that! The amp that I have now it's a disgrace 😂😂 I am absolutely not good (yet eheh) with the guitar, but I tried with other amps and I don't sound nearly as bad as I sound with mine 😂 ( mine it's called Mega Amp...I think is not even a known brand 😂)

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Thank you! I did a little research and yes, it seems really really good and I thought it would be more expensive, I can totally save for that! The amp that I have now it's a disgrace 😂😂 I am absolutely not good (yet eheh) with the guitar, but I tried with other amps and I don't sound nearly as bad as I sound with mine 😂 ( mine it's called Mega Amp...I think is not even a known brand 😂)
    Glad you like the Boss Katana, I used to have a shitty amp too. A Harley Benton amp and I sounded shitty!

But now that I know more, I can make that amp sound better. Don't get me wrong, the boss katana is a milion times better, but I would like to believe that sound is more defined by fingers and not by gear!

Anyhow save up for that Katana!

• Love
    Reactions: ari.mac