• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Drop Pedals: Yes or No?

Elijah Wormsley

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
A few months back, I bought a DigiTech Drop. Best money I’ve spent in a long time. I love it, because it’s great for what I play (primarily Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, and Disturbed). My only beef is that there’s no way to achieve feedback while it’s engaged.
What are you all’s thoughts? Do you use drop pedals? Do you dislike them? Opinions?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I have 5 electrics, and I used to keep them all tuned differently to cover different ground, while jamming at home. Recently, talk of playing cover bands has come up, and variously tuned songs would be in the mix. Rather than bring all those guitars and no “hot spares,” I decided to try my hand at the drop pedal. I got it around Christmas, and while it’s not perfect or ideal, it’s really, really, good. I haven’t tried to get feedback, but it makes sense that it might not be possible with the changing frequencies essentially breaking the feedback loop. I was never reliant or interested in microphonic feedback though (except to AVOID it on stage), so I may not be a good source here.