• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favourite A7X song at the moment for y'all?

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
So I have been doing some listening to the A7X catalogue and some songs really stood out to me. Brompton Cocktail from the self titled album and Planets from Hail to the King (HTTK). I just feel like these 2 songs are so unique within the context of the album. For instance, Plantes sounds much more like the Stage album than HTTK. Both are such kickass songs. But If I had to choose I would go Planets, its suck a massive and epic song. The moment the trumpets play in the background, the story around the song (makes me think of the Old ones from H.P. Lovecrafts---Giants dormant in the sky.....holy shit!), the two amazing solos (one shreddy but melodic and the other so bluesy and with so much feel), the chord changes...goddamn.

So for the deep divers of their discographies, what are your current favourites, and why?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kai C

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Naha Okinawa
Planets is actually one of the few songs I just haven't been able to get into. I don't know why, I'm just not into it. Brompton Cocktail however is amazing. I would say right now as far as deep dives go I'm into Angels from The Stage. And The Dancing Dead from Diamonds. I love hearing Matt talking to someone casually like "you doing alright man" right before Syn starts the solo.

Reactions: Jacques and Rezasa

Jacques

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 29, 2019
    IL
    This is a pretty weird one and I’ve never heard anyone say they really enjoy this song which is lips of deceit. I’ve been listening to it quite often, I just love the way m shadows screams and the speed of the song!

This IS a jam!!! I just read in a separate forum you claimed you haven't uploaded a video of you playing yet. This intro should be your grand entry into media! Its a fun one to learn!

Reactions: NickyTee

NickyTee

Garage band Groupie
    Feb 15, 2020
    Kentucky
    "The Wicked End" came on shuffle today, and I was taken in all over again. The fucking batshit arrangement on that song, and Matt's overlaid vocals and ALL THE MELODIES and shit, working together. Goddamn. No pun intended.
    Yes! Still one of my favorites from City of Evil, I’ll never forget the first time I heard that solo!

Reactions: Ed Seith