• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Feedback For Next Contest

J

Jak Angelescu

Hello synners...

It's been a while since we did a contest and I miss it! Problem is finances. Usually it was me funding them and then some students got really excited to help and it made it that much cooler...
So here's my idea...

I was going to open up a venmo and PayPal account strictly for students (and myself) to donate to. Then, I'll be watching the students throughout the months and when it gets to a larger sum, a winner will be chosen to receive the gift card.

Reason why I want to do it this way, is that some students engage constantly but miss contest deadlines or feel insufficient to participate. This way it's based off of your actual school participation as a whole. Also, poor Rute won the last one and the funds raised literally only covered her shipping so I bought the shirt for her.

What do you think? No time frame, no limits. Just let the funds build to give one awesome synner a badass prize

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hello synners...

It's been a while since we did a contest and I miss it! Problem is finances. Usually it was me funding them and then some students got really excited to help and it made it that much cooler...
    So here's my idea...

I was going to open up a venmo and PayPal account strictly for students (and myself) to donate to. Then, I'll be watching the students throughout the months and when it gets to a larger sum, a winner will be chosen to receive the gift card.

Reason why I want to do it this way, is that some students engage constantly but miss contest deadlines or feel insufficient to participate. This way it's based off of your actual school participation as a whole. Also, poor Rute won the last one and the funds raised literally only covered her shipping so I bought the shirt for her.

What do you think? No time frame, no limits. Just let the funds build to give one awesome synner a badass prize
    That sounds cool. I would be down to donate. 👍🏻

Reactions: Jak Angelescu
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

That's what I was thinking..so you're basically paying the price of 2 shirts for 1. I'll see what I can do. I'm just starting to get balanced financially so if the overtime continues I'll be ahead enough to pitch something.

This will constantly run until the funds reach a large sum🙂 so there's no rush my friend. Always love how eager you are to help your fellow students. Totally appreciate you

Kai C

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Naha Okinawa
    I'm down, just link that PayPal

It's been slow lately. Frustratingly slow. I'm still very much learning fundamentals and have started revisiting the chord and caged lessons again. So I have nothing to add to the contest at this time. @Jak Angelescu I know you're really trying to get max participation at this time, so I'm sorry. But I'm always in to help out all the others here, a lot of you beautiful Synners have been working very hard and deserve it. 💞

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    This will constantly run until the funds reach a large sum🙂 so there's no rush my friend. Always love how eager you are to help your fellow students. Totally appreciate you

I want others to feel the excitement I felt when you were helping me out in the beginning. And how you still do. The feedback is the most important part of the support too imo.

That excitement only grows as they see their progress too like i have. Plus growing up myself I didnt have any real support from anyone. Living on the farm had me really .. distant from everyone else let's say. And no one would drive.me anywhere. So I gamed a lot and saw the awful side of the troll world in wow. I myself partook at times too as I was young and immature. Only the deserving should get thay treatment.

Here at syngates.com I feel anything wr can do to avoid that negativity it's worth it. I'm glad we havent had any real egotistical guys cept maybe one or 2. The atmosphere here is pretty motivating. Anything I can do to keep pushing it forward I'm down for.

I love when we get these spontaneous challenges because it gives everyone that push even if they didnt need it. They all go the extra mile. I dont know how long you plan to run it but hopefully it lasts long enough where the habits people use during contests become their natural habits and routines. So when the contest closes people dont change back due to being to used to their new routine.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019

It's been slow lately. Frustratingly slow. I'm still very much learning fundamentals and have started revisiting the chord and caged lessons again. So I have nothing to add to the contest at this time. @Jak Angelescu I know you're really trying to get max participation at this time, so I'm sorry. But I'm always in to help out all the others here, a lot of you beautiful Synners have been working very hard and deserve it. 💞

Honestly I think we all are stuck on fundamentals. Theres so much to learn. I wouldn't day that you're learning slow or anything. Theres always something you can add. Even if it's a revisit to your last contest riff or video.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen

Please do participate! I get hopefully stuck when people just starting out have questions regarding their struggles, I figured that stuff out a long time ago so I barely know how I did it anymore so I think you can be more helpful there than me.

Also, fundamentals are probably the most important thing about making music so it's actually really great you're taking you're time to figure this out!

J

Jak Angelescu

Your title should say "Next Contestant" 😎

I don't really think prices are necessary or should be a reward to be looking for but I'm in. Gimme that PayPal.

I got a $2,500 guitar for free for being an active badass. And it only inspired me more. I want others to feel that same way. When Syn gifted me that guitar it was like "Oh. Someone DOES care and hard work does pay off finally?"
    I want others to feel the same way I did. That hard work IS and SHOULD be rewarded 🙂

J

Jak Angelescu

Please do participate! I get hopefully stuck when people just starting out have questions regarding their struggles, I figured that stuff out a long time ago so I barely know how I did it anymore so I think you can be more helpful there than me.

Also, fundamentals are probably the most important thing about making music so it's actually really great you're taking you're time to figure this out!
    Ids you're amazing

J

Jak Angelescu

I want others to feel the excitement I felt when you were helping me out in the beginning. And how you still do. The feedback is the most important part of the support too imo.

That excitement only grows as they see their progress too like i have. Plus growing up myself I didnt have any real support from anyone. Living on the farm had me really .. distant from everyone else let's say. And no one would drive.me anywhere. So I gamed a lot and saw the awful side of the troll world in wow. I myself partook at times too as I was young and immature. Only the deserving should get thay treatment.

Here at syngates.com I feel anything wr can do to avoid that negativity it's worth it. I'm glad we havent had any real egotistical guys cept maybe one or 2. The atmosphere here is pretty motivating. Anything I can do to keep pushing it forward I'm down for.

I love when we get these spontaneous challenges because it gives everyone that push even if they didnt need it. They all go the extra mile. I dont know how long you plan to run it but hopefully it lasts long enough where the habits people use during contests become their natural habits and routines. So when the contest closes people dont change back due to being to used to their new routine.
    You're such a badass Calvin. I have so much love for you

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I got a $2,500 guitar for free for being an active badass. And it only inspired me more. I want others to feel that same way. When Syn gifted me that guitar it was like "Oh. Someone DOES care and hard work does pay off finally?"
    I want others to feel the same way I did. That hard work IS and SHOULD be rewarded 🙂
    True. But no one Here would do it If it really was "work". In the end, we all love the guitar and are grateful for what the SGS offers. And, as I Said, I'm in!

Also, how's Anubis doing? Haven't Seen His handsome face in a while :p

J

Jak Angelescu

True. But no one Here would do it If it really was "work". In the end, we all love the guitar and are grateful for what the SGS offers. And, as I Said, I'm in!

Also, how's Anubis doing? Haven't Seen His handsome face in a while :p
    I agree with you that most people technically wouldn't call it work. But as Aristotle says, "Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

So I personally believe that just because you enjoy it, doesn't mean it still isn't work. You're Just going to be a hell of a lot better at it🙂

Anubis is great! I have a date with him in about ten minutes 💚🖤💚🤤🤤🤤

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Kai C

Nov 11, 2019
    Naha Okinawa

You have a good point. I sat down with my metronome for about an hour total last night post lesson and it honestly just felt frustrating at first but then stretch stretch/ snack breaks later I started grooving. So I guess I should be videoing a lot more. I never feel like I have anything to post in a riff because I spend the most time practicing chords and grooving. A lot less interest in lead work.

Kai C

Nov 11, 2019
    Naha Okinawa
    Honestly I think we all are stuck on fundamentals. Theres so much to learn. I wouldn't day that you're learning slow or anything. Theres always something you can add. Even if it's a revisit to your last contest riff or video.

@Calvin Phillips you're awesome. I agree, the people here are so much better than other spots on the internet. I also started on wow and have a decent distrust for the trolls haha. But yeah I've been revisiting those fundamentals and I see suggestions in Syn's tips that aren't being followed up on in the discussion threads. I haven't really sat down with many tabs and actually tried learning songs yet so I do feel like I'm behind in that aspect.