• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Footswitch

Markus Nick

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi there,
I want to raise my inventory of footswitches.
At the moment I just use two, Distortion and a WhaWha Pedal.
The most AMPs (like my Marshall) have effects like Chorus, Reverb, Delay included so I dont think I need them (or maybe I need a footswitch on top? Tell me! 😉 )
Any suggestions for cool sounds or experience you can share?
Thanks.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
In general I’ve always been told that effects in pedals are pretty bad and beyond that it doesn’t come with a foot switch. Pedals I would suggest getting are Distortion, equalizer, overdrive, fuzz, wah, tuner, phaser, booster, delay, reverb, flanger and looper. This gives you some weird effects and better control of when you want stuff to be turned on.

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Honestly they ALL have a use and purpose. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using effect pedal, especially when they are used in the right way! I would say its best not to rely on them to make good music, you should do your best to do that with just you and your guitar, but there is no reason not to use them. They can also make you think in a totally different musical way. They can really inspire new music in you. I personally use and Axe FX II XL which gives me ALL the effects I could want and a bunch of great amp sounds as well. I could always buy some new effects, but I certainly dont NEED them. My biggest advice is to buy high quality products that you will be happy with forever! The great Benjamin Franklin once said “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” and I can tell you from years of personal experience that this is true!

Craig Hawley

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
With a valve amp like my Marshall I find just cranking it gives me a nice tone. I sometime use chorus (through the FX loop) or wah. But mainly an overdrive pedal with the gain right down to give me a boost.
Pedals are subjective. Play a few and buy ones you like. You don’t need to have any specific pedals, but a wah is always handy.

Synner Endless Summer Collection