• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hellwin amp?

Ian Stuart

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Does anyone know whatever happened to the mass-production of the Hellwin amp and cab? As far as I know syn still tours with it (unless he’s since joined the Kemper crew?) I believe there was plans to roll them out to retailers and I’ve looked everywhere for one but to no avail :(That things the sexiest damn stack I’ve ever seen!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    He did speak to it in a similar thread here not long ago. He still records all the albums with it, but (IIRC) often uses a Fractal on the road for consistency, and is considering switching over full-time, as he considers himself a “futurist.” I imagine with the release of the AxeFX3 last month, he’s really seriously considering it for the next album/tour cycle. The Hellwins were, indeed, discontinued.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Ian, I started a topic a few weeks ago pretty much asking the same thing. I had been looking for one every day for probably 6 months. They are extremely hard to find. But, shortly after posting, I did come across a used Hellwin Stage (made in China) and snatched it up. If you really want one, you’ll have to check reverb, ebay, etc. daily and if you find one, jump on it immediately. Having said that, I haven’t had much time with it yet, but I love it. Great piece of gear, don’t know why anyone would ever get rid of one!