• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hi all

rts8459

Free Bird Player
Jun 13, 2020
I have played a few years, trawling YouTube, learning bits of solos here and scales there. Not really getting any better due to zero structure. Then I found this and it’s like a guitar teacher came to my house, patted my shoulder and said it’s going to be fine Russ, just follow me and we’ll get there together.
Thanks everyone involved for all the hard work putting this together and I hope I don’t let you all down by giving up. I’m 60 years old btw so not the quickest fingers on the block but have always loved guitar, specially rock guitar.
Quick question, certain lessons I’d like to bookmark so I can go back to them easily, but can’t find a button for doing that. Sorry, I’m sure it’s obvious and you’re all laughing at the “old guy”. If someone can kindly tell me how to do this, I’ll be very grateful.
Thanks Russ

Manvir B

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Kingston, England
Welcome to the family Russ! With the whole book mark thingy, if you use google chrome, when on the lesson you want to save you can simply hit the little star icon on the right of the address bar or just use CTRL+D . Alternatively you could also just highlight then drag the search bar link onto your desktop. Hope that helps.

Reactions: rts8459

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Welcome Russ! You make me feel young! I'm about 50. There is no explicit way within the site to bookmark a favorite lesson, but as Manvir says, there are ways in your browser, and then there's the old fashioned post-it note with lesson numbers on it, too.

Sometimes the old ways are the best ways.

Enjoy, learn, post progress videos in the Riffs section, and ask your questions often!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

rts8459

Free Bird Player
    Jun 13, 2020
    Thanks everyone for answers and welcome messages. I never thought of just using ext bookmarks etc. And post it’s of course. I might pluck up courage and post a video one day, but I feel a bit nervous. My experience of playing in front of family members in not too positive. Ranging from lack of interest to mild recognition to outright insults. I’ll do one when I feel brave. Thanks again the course looks brilliant

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    We tend to be good about support here. Oh, we'll tell you what you can work on. This is a school, after all, but unlike your family, we've ALL been where you are now, and the shit like what you find in YouTube or Instagram comments sections is prohibited here. It's a safe place to get constructive criticism.

Mostly because Papa gets violent when he drinks, and he always drinks. ;)

rts8459

Free Bird Player
    Jun 13, 2020
    We tend to be good about support here. Oh, we'll tell you what you can work on. This is a school, after all, but unlike your family, we've ALL been where you are now, and the shit like what you find in YouTube or Instagram comments sections is prohibited here. It's a safe place to get constructive criticism.

Mostly because Papa gets violent when he drinks, and he always drinks. ;)
    Haha thanks for the encouragement.