• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hi :wave:

dflat

One Stringer
Nov 12, 2019
I stumbled upon this site when googling to find out whether Syn sweeps, economy, or alt-picks the little 2 bar fill sections in the middle of Bat Country solo. There were quite a few google results pointing at this site, but apparently the new site had just launched and all the links were broken. So, I joined the site to try and search forums. I finally found a youtube video of it, and it's hard to tell, but it almost looks like he alt-picks with a sting skip from 1 to 3, which I hadn't expected. 30 fps is not enough to see everything he is doing there. I'll just keep sweep picking it for now...

Anyway, while here I took a look at the advanced etudes lessons, and decided to stick around because I will be enrolling in those.

I've known about A7X for about 7 or 8 years, and for a long time didn't like them. I play Rocksmith quite a bit, which has Bat Country as a track, and I would avoid that song like the plague. I love metal, but I think it was the lyrics that turned me off to the band at first. Then back in March I decided to do a Metal Madness Month and downloaded a bunch of metal DLC that I didn't have yet-- in addition to Megadeath, Pantera, and All That Reamins tracks I bought, the A7X pack added Afterlife, Nightmare, and The Beast and the Harlot. I made myself listen to these A7X songs, I made myself learn how to play them. For reasons that I can't remember, and probably couldn't justify even if I could remember them, I tried pretty hard to not like this band. But I failed.

The lyrics may be dark, but the artists that compose the music are super creative. The guitar leads are unconventional and weird, but in a good way. Very interesting harmonies embedded in the melodies. Groovy rhythms that complement the thrash. At least these 4 songs just... sound good to me. Well played, Mr. Gates & gang.

Reactions: Ezequiel Romanko

dflat

One Stringer
Nov 12, 2019
Here is the video. I really think I see an up/down motion there, but unless he plays the D on string 3 fret 19 I can't imagine how it could be alt or economy picked. Slowed it down to 0.25 and went over it several times. Hard to see exactly what he's doing with the frame rate. It's right around 40/41 seconds into the video.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

dflat

One Stringer
Nov 12, 2019
No no no, I was wrong!! Its alternate picking!! Fuck, I play with sweeps x)

So I'm not crazy... and he's skipping string 2, right? I can't get a good sound on the D with finger 4 when I do that. And I don't see him do it, but I thought it was just so fast that the camera didn't get that frame. I definitely hear the note.