• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Just Letting My Fellow Students Know…

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that after the challenge Ids suggested, I won’t be posted much or commenting much. I’ve got a lot I really want to work on and there’s a lot of musical endeavors coming up that I need to focus on. I have a cover band I’m auditioning for next week, I found two weekly blues jams to go to that I’ll be attending, my dad wants me to track a lead on his album and I’m going into the studio for my own original stuff in a few weeks and I really want to get my stuff solid. I’m also going to be taking these lessons extremely seriously. Although I’ve been improving, I watched Syn’s shredding video on Instagram today and got even more inspired. But I also have a classical guitar friend who showed me a video of her harpist friend playing Parish Alvars Serenade Op. 83 and it was FLAWLESS. That piece is KNOWN for the fast, complicated trills. And the woman who performed wrote about playing it. She said, “I remember having to practice hours, hours, hours, hours and MORE hours at ridiculously slow paces to get that part to sparkle.” And so although I truly adore commenting, posting and interacting, I’ll be taking a step back on how often I do so because well, I really want to get better. I have faced the fact for me: If I want to be anything like Papa Gates or Syn, I have got to spend more attention on my guitar and focusing on it. I practice for about 3-4 hours a day, but it’s not really consistent, focused, dedicated practice.
So with that…
I’ll talk to you all very soon. I’ll be on this site daily but it’s for the lessons. I’ve received so much help from all of you and I really need to put it to work now and focus on making it a reality. You all are like family to me. I talk about you all so much to my singer that she even knows you all by name now.
One last piece of advice before I take this little communication break: Please ask yourself why you picked up the guitar in the first place. If it’s for a hobby, please take it to the next level and invite your friends out as you participate in an open mic jam. If it’s to become a songwriter, please really focus on your music and get it going. I expect great things from all of you, because you’re capable of it. Don’t ever underestimate yourself when it comes to playing. Be patient, and realize patience, calmness and focus are the three things you need to improve.
Much love!

Israel Stefanello

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
beautiful words Jak is very good screen with us participating and seeing your ideas and tips
I go to college, this disturbs me in the studies here of the SGS but it’s a college I can not leave aside
My dream my passion is music and thanks to SGS I can look for this and dedicate myself to a time
We never give up on what we like
We all like you very much in your studies.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Jak I’ve had issues too where I find I post more then I play.. but my issue is more working a fulltime job that can add up to 45-60 hours a week if I work the weekend. Sounds like you got lots going on tho and thats great. Cant wait to hear what you end up recording.