• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

KIMONO MY HOUSE by Sparks

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Excellent performance of “This Town Ain’t Big Enough For The Both of Us” from 2008. Crazy that they were doing a tour where they were going through all 21 of their albums one night at a time leading up to the new one. Only Sparks lol

I simply don't know of ANY band who would attempt to do all their albums live - back to back to back. 21 albums, 256 songs, on consecutive nights?
I don't see how that's even possible. Unreal.

Martin-G

New Student
Jul 26, 2023
Hey Synner fam! Hope you've been all doing well!
If it wasn't for Abbey Road, this one would definitely be my favorite AOTM yet. I haven't heard about this album before, but I was already into it as soon as "This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us" Started playing. I have never heard anything like this record before.

I love how some parts of "This Town" are super light, and then a slightly dark vibe enters in for a second, the vocals are amazing and what stood out to maybe the most during this record was the bass work, which is literally ear candy during the entire thing!

The flow in "Amateur Hour" is amazing. I love that bass work! The part between 1:41 and 1:55 adds so much to the song and gives such a special vibe.

"Falling In love With Myself Again" - Also such a beautiful song, the things that stood out the most to me were the bass work and the vocals in this one.

"Here In Heaven"- This one starts with a blast and has a slightly dark and a beautiful vibe. The writing is just on another level, and the guitar work adds so much in this one

"Hasta Manana" - I love this one! I also feel that slightly dark vibe in it and it mixes so well with the cheerful vibe from the other instruments. The chorus is just insane in this one, every part of it!!

"Talent Is An Asset" - The keyboard and the bass work fits perfectly in this song and it sounds SO unique! One of my favorites on the record because of that

"Complaints" Is also another beautiful song, just ear candy as I said before, all of the instruments mix so well together and the beautiful vocals are the cherry on the top, the guitar solo is such a beautiful touch on that one as well

"Equator" Is another beautiful song. I love the dark vibe and how it fits with the happier tempo in parts of the song. I love the keyboard and bass work in this one as well, the vocals are a work of art - and the ending is so beautiful and surprising

"Barbecutie" - I LOVE this one. Just so unique

"Lost and found" Is the perfect way to end this record in my opinion, the bass in this one is my favorite thing ever! I love the melodies and the guitar work.
In conclusion, this record is gonna stick with me for a LONG time now and I'm so happy that I gave it a shot the moment Syn posted about it. I started playing bass in a band recently, so listening to the bass work in that album truly inspired me to learn more and more. Syn, Thank you for another beautiful recommendation!
Well, as the person responsible for all that bass ear candy, a belated thanks for your discerning ear, Yosi Yamin! More on the bass end of things is here: https://martingordon.de/sparks