• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Make The Riff Section Great Again

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    This school was NOT designed for people to show off. This school is ment to be a place for guitarists of all levels where they can ask questions, share knowledge, help others AND show what they can without fear of being laughed at. In fact you will only find helpful criticism from our members.

So listen. I am one of the most active members at the moment. And although I have almost no knowledge of theory, bad timing and nothing but a phone cam to record I am not afraid to post videos here. Because that is what really helps and motivates. Getting feedback, knowing how to improve. One thing I HATE though, is talking in front of a camera. Which is why I just did it. I want to show everybody that you can be yourself here and that mistakes are not only allowed but WANTED.

Now what I want from YOU is this. If you are a beginner or feel uncomfortable playing in front of a cam I would LOVE to see a video of you showing ANYTHING guitar related in the riff section. I know too well that it can seem scary. But if I could do it then you can too! We can turn this in a game if you want. You upload something and nominate somebody else who's next.

If you are a more active member that already postet quite a bit I would love you to keep an eye on the riff section. The whole school can benefit from a more active page. Give feedback and if possible good things AND things people could improve on. Also, if you're still reading, Nickelback is awesome!

Last edited:

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I think you looked more then comfortable in your video. I think you should do more.

Like.. after each lesson.. post a video what you learned from it.. whether you speak or just post a jam you'll be explaining what you learned.

You could do both too! The only reason why you havent seen me speaking in my videos is my PC is really bad since my last one was stolen. This one barely keeps up to 2 programs at once recording. Adding a 2nd mic would throw it right off.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I think you looked more then comfortable in your video. I think you should do more.

Like.. after each lesson.. post a video what you learned from it.. whether you speak or just post a jam you'll be explaining what you learned.

You could do both too! The only reason why you havent seen me speaking in my videos is my PC is really bad since my last one was stolen. This one barely keeps up to 2 programs at once recording. Adding a 2nd mic would throw it right off.
    This was all improvised anyway. :) normally my videos are a little more polished. And you really don't need a good pc. Just use your phone! No need to record your amp when you want to explain something ;)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Dude...I watched many of your videos, here and on insta...and I think this is the first time I’ve heard your voice ! Lol
    You looked super chilly and comfortable though and sounded great as always !
    Yeah I don't really Like doing that. And I surprised myself that I was pretty confident in this one. And thank you!

J

Jak Angelescu

This school was NOT designed for people to show off. This school is ment to be a place for guitarists of all levels where they can ask questions, share knowledge, help others AND show what they can without fear of being laughed at. In fact you will only find helpful criticism from our members.

So listen. I am one of the most active members at the moment. And although I have almost no knowledge of theory, bad timing and nothing but a phone cam to record I am not afraid to post videos here. Because that is what really helps and motivates. Getting feedback, knowing how to improve. One thing I HATE though, is talking in front of a camera. Which is why I just did it. I want to show everybody that you can be yourself here and that mistakes are not only allowed but WANTED.

Now what I want from YOU is this. If you are a beginner or feel uncomfortable playing in front of a cam I would LOVE to see a video of you showing ANYTHING guitar related in the riff section. I know too well that it can seem scary. But if I could do it then you can too! We can turn this in a game if you want. You upload something and nominate somebody else who's next.

If you are a more active member that already postet quite a bit I would love you to keep an eye on the riff section. The whole school can benefit from a more active page. Give feedback and if possible good things AND things people could improve on. Also, if you're still reading, Nickelback is awesome!
    My original reaction was going to be a loving face until the last sentence.😂😂 Thank you so much for posting this. I don't know how much more we can do to get the beginners and the unconfident players more engaged in the riff section or just people in general. Thank you so much for taking one for the team Dominik! I love you for doing this! You couldn't have summarized the purpose for the school anymore. Gates did not start following me and become friends with me because I was a virtuoso. He became friends with me because I was literally raping the school for all it was worth. I was so incredibly active and I was constantly asking questions and constantly showcasing any improvement that I had. I showed him that all of his efforts along with papa's efforts were being utilized as best I could. He did not start following me because I nailed hail to the king right from the gate. He saw my hard work of 3 months trying to get it right and that's what he formed this school for. He did it so people could get better and to make friends and also show off their mad skills.
    To be honest I am going to hold off on the beginner etudes. They are ready to go and Syn is waiting for them. But I can't do any more for people unless I start seeing actual engagement with the lessons from the beginners. There may be just two beginners that I see who actually showcase themselves trying to work on the lessons and actually trying to improve. I have spent about 20 hours on these etudes because the beginners asked for them. But I'm not releasing them until I see them actually being more proactive on the riff page

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    My original reaction was going to be a loving face until the last sentence.😂😂 Thank you so much for posting this. I don't know how much more we can do to get the beginners and the unconfident players more engaged in the riff section or just people in general. Thank you so much for taking one for the team Dominik! I love you for doing this! You couldn't have summarized the purpose for the school anymore. Gates did not start following me and become friends with me because I was a virtuoso. He became friends with me because I was literally raping the school for all it was worth. I was so incredibly active and I was constantly asking questions and constantly showcasing any improvement that I had. I showed him that all of his efforts along with papa's efforts were being utilized as best I could. He did not start following me because I nailed hail to the king right from the gate. He saw my hard work of 3 months trying to get it right and that's what he formed this school for. He did it so people could get better and to make friends and also show off their mad skills.
    To be honest I am going to hold off on the beginner etudes. They are ready to go and Syn is waiting for them. But I can't do any more for people unless I start seeing actual engagement with the lessons from the beginners. There may be just two beginners that I see who actually showcase themselves trying to work on the lessons and actually trying to improve. I have spent about 20 hours on these etudes because the beginners asked for them. But I'm not releasing them until I see them actually being more proactive on the riff page

I Hope I can encourage at least some people to lose their fear. Although I'm starting to question the Overall activeness on the school. Let's be honest, I can summarize 95% of all active members with Just a few Hands. On Forum and Riff Page. I hardly ever get to read a new Name right now. I think we shouldn't force it, but it's good to remind everybody now and then what this school stands for.

J

Jak Angelescu

I Hope I can encourage at least some people to lose their fear. Although I'm starting to question the Overall activeness on the school. Let's be honest, I can summarize 95% of all active members with Just a few Hands. On Forum and Riff Page. I hardly ever get to read a new Name right now. I think we shouldn't force it, but it's good to remind everybody now and then what this school stands for.
    I think the masters of this school don't mind you saying that at all. It's like we have tens of thousands of people on here and I see the same 6 names over and over again

J

Jak Angelescu

Yeah, I get to hear that a Lot 😜
    Polish_20200127_173308610.jpg