• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Make The Riff Section Great Again

RoaringRowanThunderBender

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Did two! Either way they’re probably both a little awkward and me being a dork because the universe was against me recording them today. 🙃 I tried to show off a little bit, but it’s probably a little bad! Lol! If these don’t encourage you (because I leave absolutely everything in!) I don’t know what will! I could have re-recorded them tomorrow, but I promised today and just went for it. Sometimes you just have to go for it and go a little insane to be the best you can.

J

Jak Angelescu

I am so happy that you posted these videos up! You can tell that you have definitely improved! This is exactly what this whole thread was supposed to be for was overcoming your fears and finally jumping in both feet first no matter how cold or deep the water was. I am so proud of everybody posting. And I really hope you continue to work on what you are doing!
    Super proud of you Rowan! Your rhythm with strumming has improved and you've got a naturally good sense of timing!

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    I am so happy that you posted these videos up! You can tell that you have definitely improved! This is exactly what this whole thread was supposed to be for was overcoming your fears and finally jumping in both feet first no matter how cold or deep the water was. I am so proud of everybody posting. And I really hope you continue to work on what you are doing!
    Super proud of you Rowan! Your rhythm with strumming has improved and you've got a naturally good sense of timing!
    Thanks so much babes! Those are some mighty high compliments! And everyone is doing amazing and I’m so overjoyed to see more people posting. And @Anna Gufler may I nominate you, sweets????

J

Jak Angelescu

Yesssssss !!!!!
    girl you nailed it ! Like,I see these babes in their skin tight leather with perfect hair and I’m just like....meh, I’ve got a whole husband and kid to take care of and a job....I don’t have time for that often. Lmao. I mean when I do it’s for me, but it shouldn’t be our first thought when posting a video ! and honestly for awhile I wouldn’t post because I’d take a video and I would critique my appearance as opposed to what I was playing or saying and thats no bueno !
    You have a whole husband? That's awesome! My last one pissed me off so he became half a husband. So I left him🙃

J

Jak Angelescu

Wellp as promised I made a lil update to share my current guitar journey. I encourage everybody to try. That way we get to know each other beyond our type style.

I can't believe that's you! You gave Syn a really wonderful happy holidays video and I absolutely loved your charming personality! I didn't know this was you! You also had your guitar named something really pretty but I forgot what it was! Great work my friend!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Did two! Either way they’re probably both a little awkward and me being a dork because the universe was against me recording them today. 🙃 I tried to show off a little bit, but it’s probably a little bad! Lol! If these don’t encourage you (because I leave absolutely everything in!) I don’t know what will! I could have re-recorded them tomorrow, but I promised today and just went for it. Sometimes you just have to go for it and go a little insane to be the best you can.
    Thanks so much for doing those two Videos, you nailed it! Like Jak Said, you definetly improved. Loved your strumming in the First Video, Loved your strap Going off in the second one 😂😂😂 (btw wasn't that more 'what he said'? 🤔) And I mean, on what social Media would you want to Upload a Video where your strap goes off while demonstrating something? Well you can Here, No one cares, that was funny 😂
    And in all honesty now, I think it's great you're working on so many Things right now. Keep on it and you Nail everything in no time. I Hope to See another Progress Video on exactly those Things in the future 😜

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I can't believe that's you! You gave Syn a really wonderful happy holidays video and I absolutely loved your charming personality! I didn't know this was you! You also had your guitar named something really pretty but I forgot what it was! Great work my friend!
    The power of a button shirt XD

My guitar is called Mindy as for why..dunno just came to me one night playing her.

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    This school was NOT designed for people to show off. This school is ment to be a place for guitarists of all levels where they can ask questions, share knowledge, help others AND show what they can without fear of being laughed at. In fact you will only find helpful criticism from our members.

So listen. I am one of the most active members at the moment. And although I have almost no knowledge of theory, bad timing and nothing but a phone cam to record I am not afraid to post videos here. Because that is what really helps and motivates. Getting feedback, knowing how to improve. One thing I HATE though, is talking in front of a camera. Which is why I just did it. I want to show everybody that you can be yourself here and that mistakes are not only allowed but WANTED.

Now what I want from YOU is this. If you are a beginner or feel uncomfortable playing in front of a cam I would LOVE to see a video of you showing ANYTHING guitar related in the riff section. I know too well that it can seem scary. But if I could do it then you can too! We can turn this in a game if you want. You upload something and nominate somebody else who's next.

If you are a more active member that already postet quite a bit I would love you to keep an eye on the riff section. The whole school can benefit from a more active page. Give feedback and if possible good things AND things people could improve on. Also, if you're still reading, Nickelback is awesome!

The ‘Back is eternal. 😂😂

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    You did awesome ! And you’re so damn cute too ! if you wouldn’t have said it, I wouldn’t have know you were nervous !
    I find it interesting to see that we both have some of the same issues. I think many of us starting out likely encounter the same things but nobody talks about it so we feel like we are alone. I had a hard time with Palm muting too and i felt it took me forever!

keep it up Rowan !!!

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    Thanks so much for doing those two Videos, you nailed it! Like Jak Said, you definetly improved. Loved your strumming in the First Video, Loved your strap Going off in the second one 😂😂😂 (btw wasn't that more 'what he said'? 🤔) And I mean, on what social Media would you want to Upload a Video where your strap goes off while demonstrating something? Well you can Here, No one cares, that was funny 😂
    And in all honesty now, I think it's great you're working on so many Things right now. Keep on it and you Nail everything in no time. I Hope to See another Progress Video on exactly those Things in the future 😜
    Thank you! Lol I did say “that’s what he said” because I couldn’t find the hole to plug my cable in. Lol, I was like “well fuck, this happens, I’m leaving this in”
    Thank you thank you! I will keep working hard and try to make more progress videos! ❤️

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    You did awesome ! And you’re so damn cute too ! if you wouldn’t have said it, I wouldn’t have know you were nervous !
    I find it interesting to see that we both have some of the same issues. I think many of us starting out likely encounter the same things but nobody talks about it so we feel like we are alone. I had a hard time with Palm muting too and i felt it took me forever!

keep it up Rowan !!!
    Thank you! Sometimes you just have to be honest and give it your best!
    Yes, I definitely try to let people know I’m nervous. I’ve done this probably about thirty times at least, but my nervousness never goes away and I get anxious! it helps me relate to others.

I’ll do my best!

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis
    J

Jak Angelescu

To be honest all of those people who are saying they get nervous as soon as the camera is rolling, the same thing happens when you are in the studio. I literally can nail shit like crazy at home but the moment our engineer has that metronome going and the scroll bar is rolling I fuck up everything. Consider this amazing practice for when you all decide to record or perform live! The more you do it the better you get with it

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    To be honest all of those people who are saying they get nervous as soon as the camera is rolling, the same thing happens when you are in the studio. I literally can nail shit like crazy at home but the moment our engineer has that metronome going and the scroll bar is rolling I fuck up everything. Consider this amazing practice for when you all decide to record or perform live! The more you do it the better you get with it

What jak just said. This is why I try to keep the camera rolling for atleast 10 minutes in my improv. I may get relative but while playing with the camera running doesn't feel natural and the nerves rise. The more comfortable you can feel the easier itll be when you step foot into that studio the first time. The amount of takes you may need because of that nervous soup of the finger on the FIRST NOTE alone. Lol

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Thank you! Lol I did say “that’s what he said” because I couldn’t find the hole to plug my cable in. Lol, I was like “well fuck, this happens, I’m leaving this in”
    Thank you thank you! I will keep working hard and try to make more progress videos! ❤
    Oh I understood "she", that makes sense lol