• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Metranome

J

Jak Angelescu

This is going to sound stupid but how do I practice with a metranome? I've never had to play with one before
Hey there buddy! That's actually not a stupid question at all. That's the greatest question you could ever ask. It's going to be a little difficult to explain if you're not very familiar with rhythmic notation and rhythm counts. If you are not familiar with what things are like a quarter note, 8th note and 16th note or even a rest, I suggest you look into those first.
The greatest way to practice with a metronome Truly depends, in my humble opinion, how far you are in your playing and what kind of a guitarist you want to be. How long have you been playing?

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Hey there buddy! That's actually not a stupid question at all. That's the greatest question you could ever ask. It's going to be a little difficult to explain if you're not very familiar with rhythmic notation and rhythm counts. If you are not familiar with what things are like a quarter note, 8th note and 16th note or even a rest, I suggest you look into those first.
    The greatest way to practice with a metronome Truly depends, in my humble opinion, how far you are in your playing and what kind of a guitarist you want to be. How long have you been playing?
    I've been playing since I was 13 and I'm 24 now. But I've been playing seriously for about 2 years now. In the past 2 years I've wanted to break out of the basic campfire chords and start learning more about scales. I know about quarter notes 8th notes and 16th notes but I've never had any reliable information to learn how to play with a metranome.

tamagotchigraveyard

Campfire Attention Holder
    Oct 26, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    This is going to sound stupid but how do I practice with a metranome? I've never had to play with one before
    I’m interested in getting a good metronome, if anyone has suggestions. I got a boss ms-3 on the way but I finally got me a nice clarinet so I’m interested in finding out what’s a good “independent” metronome that is both clearly audible and of well construct?