• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Need advice for new guitar!

Nov 11, 2019
Hello again guys!!
Recently I’ve been saving some money to buy a new guitar in the summer. Iam a fan of Les Pauls and I wanted you guys to give me an advice.
Basically there are 2 guitars Iam kinda interested in. The 1st one is Epiphone Matt Heafy 6string Les paul custom and the other one is the LTD EC-1000 . I want to spent less than 1000Euros if possible. Whats your opinion on these guitars? Have anyone tried them?

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I own a Les Paul and played extensively the Solo series by Schecter, and I vastly prefer the Solo series LP shape from Schecter over the actual Les Paul. The neck on the Solo is very nice, and especially if you’re looking at Epiphone, the Solo probably has better fret work, etc. If I were buying between the two I’d definitely go with the Solo.

Tory Capman

One Stringer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Matt Heafy’s signature is awesome, but I would probably lean towards the ESP. Or like the others mentioned above, the Solo series from Schecter. Schecter really puts a lot of value into their guitars. You get more than you pay for compared to other manufacturers.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

TheMighty Jambi

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    I haven’t tried the Epiphone but in my opinion the LTD 1000 series are some of the best guitars you can get for the money.
    I own a handful of ESP’s and a handful of LTD 1000’s. The LTD 1000’s are pretty awesome guitars. The EC-1000 is awesome if you like the LP style. I lean towards the LTD but like I said I haven’t tried the Epiphone. I think you would be happy with the LTD.