• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New here!

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Welcome to the school Robert! It's awesome to hear you've picked up guitar! I second Ids's advice about starting out and making your way through the beginner's section. Getting a solid foundation will help immensely in making your guitar journey easier and better. Having fun will help keep you motivated and can help you get through the tough plateaus that will occur. I'd also recommend you set some easy to achieve goals like learning one of your favorite lick/riff. Being able to make a certain number of clean chord swaps in say a minute. Small but achievable goals that'll help boost your confidence. If you've got anymore questions feel free to fire away! There are some awesome folks here who can help you out with a number of different categories of questions related to guitar. Whether it's gigging, technique, theory, gear, recording, or whatever else!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

RobertDougherty56

One Stringer
    Apr 7, 2020
    Welcome to the school Robert! It's awesome to hear you've picked up guitar! I second Ids's advice about starting out and making your way through the beginner's section. Getting a solid foundation will help immensely in making your guitar journey easier and better. Having fun will help keep you motivated and can help you get through the tough plateaus that will occur. I'd also recommend you set some easy to achieve goals like learning one of your favorite lick/riff. Being able to make a certain number of clean chord swaps in say a minute. Small but achievable goals that'll help boost your confidence. If you've got anymore questions feel free to fire away! There are some awesome folks here who can help you out with a number of different categories of questions related to guitar. Whether it's gigging, technique, theory, gear, recording, or whatever else!
    Thanks for your reply Donovan nice to meet you. Thanks for the tips, i will be sure to set myself some goals. I think my goal will be to smoothly and cleanly change between the G and D chords and i will keep working to this!

Reactions: Donovan Etue