• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Operation "don't suck at guitar" 2.0

cruzer

New Student
Nov 26, 2019
Ohio
Hi all!

I actually made an account on here when the site first opened, but I guess it got deleted due to inactivity.
Been playing for 14 years, but mostly just learning random riffs and jamming bits of songs with a drummer friend of mine. I'm half decent technique wise, but I always get overly ambitious and burn myself out when trying to get serious about theory and learning to write my own music.
This time around I'm taking it slow and letting it be fun again. Not trying to prove anything to anyone, including myself.

Thanks to Syn and Papa Gates for all the hard work they put into this site!

cruzer

New Student
Nov 26, 2019
Ohio
Thanks all!
Going through the CAGED videos now. I was always torn between CAGED and 3 note per string methods based on the youtube videos I had been using. Looking through the videos here, it looks like we eventually get into both when exploring modes. See? I was trying to do WAY too much at once.

Taking it slow so it stays fun, but I hope to post some improv using what I learn from CAGED after the first of the year.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Synner Endless Summer Collection