• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Our favorite bands need us right now

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    If your favorite band is not a bunch of platinum selling multi-millionaires (ahem, not pointing fingers in here, cough cough), then canceling a tour is depriving them of almost ALL of the money they would make this year. If you have the means, buy some merch from them RIGHT NOW. A t-shirt, an autographed CD, subscribe to them on Cameo, Mixer, Twitch, whatever - help them out. Because they helped you out, with that SONG you totally identified with when you needed it, and now they need you. Find their store. Buy some shit, so they can make the NEXT song you need.

Here are some bands I know of that fit this description that had to cancel a tour RIGHT NOW and need us, the fans. Links direct to merch stores where possible. Please add your own to the list, and help the people who help us make it through some days!

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    A more comprehensive list - this is awesome:

Reactions: Annelene Frabe

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    It's weird, Iron maiden is the o ky band of that list Is the I my band Out of that list I actually listen too. Does anyone have recommendations from that list for a non-metalhead?

As soon as they start screaming I'm out so please don't recommend those😅

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I don't think Maiden need the cash infusion, my friend. Haha. Light the Torch is not super-screamy. It's heavy and metalcore, but Howard is much more of a clean power singer than screamer. Animals as Leaders is instrumental - and CRAZY. You might like them. That's Tosin Abasi and it's hard to believe he has human hands.

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I don't think Maiden need the cash infusion, my friend. Haha. Light the Torch is not super-screamy. It's heavy and metalcore, but Howard is much more of a clean power singer than screamer. Animals as Leaders is instrumental - and CRAZY. You might like them. That's Tosin Abasi and it's hard to believe he has human hands.
    Tosin Abasi is a wizard! How the hell he comes up with and performs the stuff he's created I don't know. Some songs it seems like he has an additional set of hands to play the part up to par. I also really like that he doesn't have that Yngwie Malmsteen level ego and that he actually seems like a real cool dude that you could have a nice conversation with. He's definitely one of my technical guitar inspirations.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    That would.he nice but I'm not so sure Ky work will stay open so I myself will be suffering too. Our schools are also closed all of March. So I imagine parents wont go to work either. Literally a 3 week shut down.

You've had more than your share of struggles lately, my friend, and adding this on top must be stressful and aggravating. I can't imagine. If I was the praying type, I'd pray for you, but since I believe that's about as effective as cutting glass with a bag of wet hair, I'll just say you're in all of our thoughts, as are all the friends here who might be affected by lost work. Hang in there.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    You've had more than your share of struggles lately, my friend, and adding this on top must be stressful and aggravating. I can't imagine. If I was the praying type, I'd pray for you, but since I believe that's about as effective as cutting glass with a bag of wet hair, I'll just say you're in all of our thoughts, as are all the friends here who might be affected by lost work. Hang in there.

Definitely. I would buy tho. Theres stuff I need to get. I lost a.lot of good merch when buddy robbed me. All my sweaters. Cept my a7x ones I never wore.

But what I'm saying is theres a chance more places take the side of caution.sports are all shut down. (If anyone followed the nba player.. feel for that guy). I imagine food plants may be next. Just to be safe. I know where I work.. we have a lot of temps who just came to Canada. So it's a little sketchy there. So be careful what you do spit out right now. I'm now saying be a hoarder and buy 30 packs of toilet paper. But you may wanna exercise caution going forward. If places so shut down you'll just likely need enough for a week or two or groceries.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Yeah, that was exactly my thought. I was very suprised to see Maiden in that list and my first thought was 'I can by the only studio record by them I don't own yet because I'm not that find of it or another live record' but that seemed kinda pointless.

I'll check out Animals as leaders and light the torch

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I think all those living in poverty across the world who have had their work closed because of this nonsense virus need our help more than any of these bands, these bands ain't suffering, try living in UK or middle America poverty, that's who really needs your help. Also, there poverty and suffering doesn't just come about in unusual circumstances like these, there's is always.

So you tell me you don't want to support Nickelback in these dark times?

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I think all those living in poverty across the world who have had their work closed because of this nonsense virus need our help more than any of these bands, these bands ain't suffering, try living in UK or middle America poverty, that's who really needs your help. Also, there poverty and suffering doesn't just come about in unusual circumstances like these, there's is always.

Ili just learned people are stealing shit from hospitals around here. Masks.
    Etc. They also are running low.. maybe we should start looking that way.. people are making this much worse the it needs to be.

So much has changed over the past 2 weeks around here. We also were told here that wed be compensated like normal through our ei. (55% altho that number should be higher omo). I hope other countries follow suit.. Italy did it right.

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    It is an ever-evolving thing. I would urge people to get their information from real sources, like the World Health Organization (WHO) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). Memes and stuff are fine, but please check the facts before you re-share. And above all, don't panic. The shortages of products are, we now know, caused by the Worst Fucking People in the World - people going around and buying up everything in entire areas and trying to sell it for MASSIVE profit online. Amazon and eBay - two of the biggest resellers - have put an end to the practice on their site, so stores should be back to normal soon as supplies are replenished.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    It is an ever-evolving thing. I would urge people to get their information from real sources, like the World Health Organization (WHO) and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). Memes and stuff are fine, but please check the facts before you re-share. And above all, don't panic. The shortages of products are, we now know, caused by the Worst Fucking People in the World - people going around and buying up everything in entire areas and trying to sell it for MASSIVE profit online. Amazon and eBay - two of the biggest resellers - have put an end to the practice on their site, so stores should be back to normal soon as supplies are replenished.
    If anyone is fearful of Corona.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    I live in a tiny little province called Dubrovnik in a tiny little country called Croatia. Our whole income is based off of tourism. There is no factories, no big corporations, just small businesses based on tourism. We live off the rest of the year based on 4 months of a tourist season.

So while helping bands is a great cause right now, my family needs to figure out what to do if this thing continues spreading.

• Sad

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    I live in a tiny little province called Dubrovnik in a tiny little country called Croatia. Our whole income is based off of tourism. There is no factories, no big corporations, just small businesses based on tourism. We live off the rest of the year based on 4 months of a tourist season.

So while helping bands is a great cause right now, my family needs to figure out what to do if this thing continues spreading.
    I'm doing a history course and we were actually meant to get a lecture on the Dubrovnik Republic, but got cancelled because of the stupid Corona. :) Don't forget about the football as well, Dan?

Reactions: Daniel Sobota

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

I meant no disrespect to you or any of our friends here. I sincerely hope that social distancing and other preventive measures people are using helps to stagger the impact of this bug and get us all back to being the filthy, social animals we are very soon. Best of luck!

Reactions: Daniel Sobota

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    You're.completely right. My brother met a dude yesterday who literally said.

I'm not trying to be a hoard but I just bought 8 30 roll packages before I came here. Like that's a years worth...

• Sad