• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Our Music Is Finally Here!!

J

Jak Angelescu

I know many of you follow me on my Instagram page or even my band's page, so you all already know. But for those of you who don't... here's a brief story:

Almost 4 years ago I signed up on this school, and I was pretty shitty but I had one big goal in mind, and that was to release music and improve on guitar. As my penchant for improving on this school came, I made a fuck ton of friends along the way. My guitar skills grew, these friendships grew, and many of you donated to help with my studio time. A lot of shit got in the way like blizzards closing roads down, a pandemic, not being able to find a drummer, engineer getting sick multiple times, not being able to find a male singer, and so much more.
Through all of this, you guys continued to believe in me, my singer, our band and our vision. Not once did I get a snarky message like "Come on it's been long enough". You all understood and still supported.
@Alicia Willis ,there was one night you messaged me after I promoted Bill's newest masterclass thing and you said "Hey honey, your followers haven't had an update in 3 months. When are you going to put that energy into your band?"
We took your words to heart, and not even two months later we found a producer, got our male singer, I handed the reigns of being an admin to you, focused like a fucking mad lady, hired an artwork team, got logo and merch designs done and released our single.
I guess you could say, speaking on my own behalf, is that when you messaged me that I realized people DID actually care and were still waiting. Believe me, when people believe in you, you work 10000x harder.

If you haven't heard yet, our newest single "Purgatory" is out on all major platforms now.

Also, my band's instagram is https://www.instagram.com/officialunknownband/ if you care to give a follow for our future releases :)

There are a few people I'd like to personally thank...

@Brian Haner Sr. - I texted you but I'm still saying it here. From the moment you told me to change how I held the pick all the way up the night you hung out with my singer and I and talked music for hours, you have helped us so much. Thank you for watching over us and believing in us

@Syn Gates - You and your dad both for launching this site. This literally was where our dream and goal could finally take off. It's weird looking back at the journey I've had on your school and where I am now. Thank you for your encouraging talks, your wisdom, being a great friend and believing in us and for setting us up with Nick.

@Millie Imber - You worked like a fucking MAD lady taking photography shots, staying up all hours of the night discussing artwork/logo/font design with us and working so amazingly with the other girls on the creative team. You helped bring our vision to life more than we ever thought. Love you so much!

@Kye Feher - For being a crazy lady and getting down and dirty for the most insane shots! Also for believing in us, being such a huge fan and a great friend. And for taking the golden shot for our upcoming t-shirt design! You have been true since day one. So glad to have you on our creative team!

@RoaringRowanThunderBender - You have been so supportive with our endeavors. And we can't thank you enough for joining in with the other girls and being our website designer and MY personal assistant through all of this craziness. I love you so much, and we look forward to working with you intensely in the future!

Also to all who donated, and shared our progress, showed support and never gave up. We love you guys. Here's to the future....

If I can do it... you can do it.

~Jak Angelescu

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    YESSSSSS!!! I've never been so excited for a release!!! You guys have absolutely smashed it, the track sounds so BADASS and you worked so damn hard to make it happen!! It was an honour to work with you guys for the art and font, I absolutely LOVED the process!! Love you guys so much! 🤘 💀 🤘

• Love
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Yesssss!!!! Congratulations to ypu ladies. That song kicks ass!!! THAT RIFF!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear even more of your music!!!! You are are a true inspiration🖤🖤 so fucking proud of you!!! (And congrats to the rest of the team!! And amazing team work for sure!!)

Last edited:
    • Love
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Congrats, J & H!
    What a fun song! Great production and playing! The secret to a 6 minute song is to have a few surprises. Verse, chorus, solo, etc. is not enough to keep the listener engaged for 6 minutes.
    This has a wonderful breakdown at 2:20 with some triplets and interesting rhythms. Then at 2:50 more changes with some "clean" sounds to cut through and change the texture completely. Love the scream at 3:15 that launches you into a great solo. Lots of interesting techniques combined to make a super-tasty solo that TOTALLY fits the song (which I know I have talked about a lot. Don't betray the feel of your song with a bunch of notes).
    The middle section is a very satisfying musical departure from the first 2 minutes of the song. And now we're ready for another verse & chorus.
    The note choices on your solo at 4:50 are inspired. Dark and "out". Those first few notes make a very advanced musical statement. A beginner or decent player would NEVER choose those notes. Goosebump moment.
    After that, you could have just ridden the wave and faded out, but instead you added some dark voices and then a total breakdown - long chords with spoken word at the end. Very effective. Like a 6 minute movie. A definite beginning, middle, and end.
    This song did not happen by accident. It did not write itself and it did not play itself. Some serious care and work went into this. There is a shit-ton going on in this 6 minutes. I listened to it 3 times on my computer and heard something new each time. So I listened a 4th time in the studio on good speakers.
    Just. Wow!
    Stellar performances and production.
    So proud of you - and this is just the beginning!!!!
    Cheers!
    pg

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    If this isn’t a testament to how extraordinary this school is, then I don’t know what is.
    We have all watched you grow and blossom along your journey, and this is just the beginning!
    The single was well worth the wait and honestly has most of us craving more ! Well done Jak & Holly !
    To think it all started with this school ! I hope the big guys truly see the impact they’ve had on so many people ! 🤘🏻

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Congrats, J & H!
    What a fun song! Great production and playing! The secret to a 6 minute song is to have a few surprises. Verse, chorus, solo, etc. is not enough to keep the listener engaged for 6 minutes.
    This has a wonderful breakdown at 2:20 with some triplets and interesting rhythms. Then at 2:50 more changes with some "clean" sounds to cut through and change the texture completely. Love the scream at 3:15 that launches you into a great solo. Lots of interesting techniques combined to make a super-tasty solo that TOTALLY fits the song (which I know I have talked about a lot. Don't betray the feel of your song with a bunch of notes).
    The middle section is a very satisfying musical departure from the first 2 minutes of the song. And now we're ready for another verse & chorus.
    The note choices on your solo at 4:50 are inspired. Dark and "out". Those first few notes make a very advanced musical statement. A beginner or decent player would NEVER choose those notes. Goosebump moment.
    After that, you could have just ridden the wave and faded out, but instead you added some dark voices and then a total breakdown - long chords with spoken word at the end. Very effective. Like a 6 minute movie. A definite beginning, middle, and end.
    This song did not happen by accident. It did not write itself and it did not play itself. Some serious care and work went into this. There is a shit-ton going on in this 6 minutes. I listened to it 3 times on my computer and heard something new each time. So I listened a 4th time in the studio on good speakers.
    Just. Wow!
    Stellar performances and production.
    So proud of you - and this is just the beginning!!!!
    Cheers!
    pg
    Glad you mentioned that part at 2:20, I fuckin love that part too. Makes me excited every time I hear it.
    7c6.jpg

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Glad you mentioned that part at 2:20, I fuckin love that part too. Makes me excited every time I hear it. View attachment 1274
    hahah that picture is huge

It sounds nice Jak, I only heard a small part though from the link, I might have to sign up. Sounds like a lot of work, I want to be in a band too and probably have to make my own. That's a lot of stuff you mentioned I'd have to think about. Great work :D

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    hahah that picture is huge

It sounds nice Jak, I only heard a small part though from the link, I might have to sign up. Sounds like a lot of work, I want to be in a band too and probably have to make my own. That's a lot of stuff you mentioned I'd have to think about. Great work :D
    That link was meant to be just a short tidbit as a teaser clip! The song is available to listen to on Spotify, apple music, and Itunes at the moment as far as I'm aware.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    That link was meant to be just a short tidbit as a teaser clip! The song is available to listen to on Spotify, apple music, and Itunes at the moment as far as I'm aware.
    I'll try Spotify, thanks.
    Yeah, I just heard it all the way, I like that yell at like 3:50 or something, it was really long. I want to play like that too :D

Last edited:

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    You know, when you spend forever hyping something, the end result needs to blow away all expectations, including some pretty inflated ones. You guys succeeded, where Chinese Democracy fell short.

Yeah, I said it. Y'all did better than Axl. So much meat in this song - fantastic writing, performance, arrangement, and it just SOUNDS massive. I love it, huge congratulations!!!

Gabriel Perez

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    open.spotify.com
    I know many of you follow me on my Instagram page or even my band's page, so you all already know. But for those of you who don't... here's a brief story:

Almost 4 years ago I signed up on this school, and I was pretty shitty but I had one big goal in mind, and that was to release music and improve on guitar. As my penchant for improving on this school came, I made a fuck ton of friends along the way. My guitar skills grew, these friendships grew, and many of you donated to help with my studio time. A lot of shit got in the way like blizzards closing roads down, a pandemic, not being able to find a drummer, engineer getting sick multiple times, not being able to find a male singer, and so much more.
    Through all of this, you guys continued to believe in me, my singer, our band and our vision. Not once did I get a snarky message like "Come on it's been long enough". You all understood and still supported.
    @Alicia Willis ,there was one night you messaged me after I promoted Bill's newest masterclass thing and you said "Hey honey, your followers haven't had an update in 3 months. When are you going to put that energy into your band?"
    We took your words to heart, and not even two months later we found a producer, got our male singer, I handed the reigns of being an admin to you, focused like a fucking mad lady, hired an artwork team, got logo and merch designs done and released our single.
    I guess you could say, speaking on my own behalf, is that when you messaged me that I realized people DID actually care and were still waiting. Believe me, when people believe in you, you work 10000x harder.

If you haven't heard yet, our newest single "Purgatory" is out on all major platforms now.

Also, my band's instagram is https://www.instagram.com/officialunknownband/ if you care to give a follow for our future releases :)

There are a few people I'd like to personally thank...

@Brian Haner Sr. - I texted you but I'm still saying it here. From the moment you told me to change how I held the pick all the way up the night you hung out with my singer and I and talked music for hours, you have helped us so much. Thank you for watching over us and believing in us

@Syn Gates - You and your dad both for launching this site. This literally was where our dream and goal could finally take off. It's weird looking back at the journey I've had on your school and where I am now. Thank you for your encouraging talks, your wisdom, being a great friend and believing in us and for setting us up with Nick.

@Millie Imber - You worked like a fucking MAD lady taking photography shots, staying up all hours of the night discussing artwork/logo/font design with us and working so amazingly with the other girls on the creative team. You helped bring our vision to life more than we ever thought. Love you so much!

@Kye Feher - For being a crazy lady and getting down and dirty for the most insane shots! Also for believing in us, being such a huge fan and a great friend. And for taking the golden shot for our upcoming t-shirt design! You have been true since day one. So glad to have you on our creative team!

@RoaringRowanThunderBender - You have been so supportive with our endeavors. And we can't thank you enough for joining in with the other girls and being our website designer and MY personal assistant through all of this craziness. I love you so much, and we look forward to working with you intensely in the future!

Also to all who donated, and shared our progress, showed support and never gave up. We love you guys. Here's to the future....

If I can do it... you can do it.

~Jak Angelescu
    YESSSSSSSSSS

• Love