• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Overview of the Pentatonic 3-2 Solo Pattern – Lesson 69

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    🖐🏻 sooo I have a question !
    I’m technically still in the beginner section of the course, but kind of scrolled along for any like “solo” stuff and this is the first lesson that popped up.
    Can we move around within this or rather should we ? I’ll be honest idk what the hell im doing half of the time but I was trying to just move around within these notes given and find something cool. Is this okay or should it always be played the way you’ve showed us ? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I’ve included a video of what I came up with while just playing around learning this.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Also, as a noob I know my bends aren’t good. And is there a name for like bending and repetitively picking while holding the bend ? I thought it sounded cool but don’t know if that has a name lol. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I feel lost sometimes because I just wanna play stuff that sounds good to my ear and I never know if I’m doing it “right”

• Love
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu
    J

Jak Angelescu

Also, as a noob I know my bends aren’t good. And is there a name for like bending and repetitively picking while holding the bend ? I thought it sounded cool but don’t know if that has a name lol. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I feel lost sometimes because I just wanna play stuff that sounds good to my ear and I never know if I’m doing it “right”
    With this specifically it sounds like you are citing what is a traditional blues style lick. Do me a favor and remind me to upload a video on this soon! Don't feel lost because what I think you played sounded just fine! And yes, move around the neck. It's good to practice it in different key signatures Or even in the same key signature but a different position. I thought your Bend sounded pretty good and great job on incorporating the vibrato!!

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    With this specifically it sounds like you are citing what is a traditional blues style lick. Do me a favor and remind me to upload a video on this soon! Don't feel lost because what I think you played sounded just fine! And yes, move around the neck. It's good to practice it in different key signatures Or even in the same key signature but a different position. I thought your Bend sounded pretty good and great job on incorporating the vibrato!!
    Thanks Jak !!!! Definitely would love a video about this ! I felt the urge to look at some “solo” stuff dude to Rutes forum post. I’ve never done such and thought it would be fun to try it out.
    I’ve totally been working on the vibrato ! I’m so glad you noticed it lol that really makes me feel like I’m actually improving some things ❤️

• Love
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu
    J

Jak Angelescu

Thanks Jak !!!! Definitely would love a video about this ! I felt the urge to look at some “solo” stuff dude to Rutes forum post. I’ve never done such and thought it would be fun to try it out.
    I’ve totally been working on the vibrato ! I’m so glad you noticed it lol that really makes me feel like I’m actually improving some things ❤
    You really have made massive improvements. I thought your bend was on pitch and strong!

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    🖐🏻 sooo I have a question !
    I’m technically still in the beginner section of the course, but kind of scrolled along for any like “solo” stuff and this is the first lesson that popped up.
    Can we move around within this or rather should we ? I’ll be honest idk what the hell im doing half of the time but I was trying to just move around within these notes given and find something cool. Is this okay or should it always be played the way you’ve showed us ? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I’ve included a video of what I came up with while just playing around learning this.
    How's this going for you now? Are we getting a progress/update video? 😅