• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Please Help Me Welcome Some New Members To The SGS Family!

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey guys! I’d like to give a big shoutout to two amazing players in my life: Ted Hoffman and Derek Mueller
First of all, Ted Hoffman is MY Papa Gates! He’s my dad and just like how PG taught Syn how to play Led Zeppelin, my dad taught me how to play my first Blink 182 song 🙂 He is the one man that gave me my first great big advice about playing guitar when I started over 20 years ago. He said, “You don’t play guitar with your fingers, you play guitar with your ears.” Also, every time he would hear me practice he would come in and say, “Let me hear your wrist vibrato.” It use to annoy the SHIT out of me, but I am proud of my bend vibrato now for sure! My dad saw all the cool things I was learning on here and I kept talking about the school every time I was around him and finally, he signed up! He and PG have their passion for the Beatles in common 🙂
Secondly, Derek Mueller is the most metalhead metal guitarist of metal you’ll ever meet and I finally got him to join! He was my highschool buddy and the dude just shreds like a maniac. He’s the one who I first heard a pinch harmonic from and I looked to him and said, “Dude, how did you make this note down here sound like this note up here?” He told me how to do it, but I spent hours and years trying to get it right and didn’t really get good with it until about 5 years ago. We also use to show each other our guitar magazines during physics and talk guitar when I wasn’t copying his homework. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t know of many of the bands I’m into today. He’s also the guy who introduced me to Steve Vai as one day he came over to my house with a DVD and said “You gotta see this guy play.” Needless to say, I went out into my dad’s studio and beat the hell out of his Ibanez with the whammy bar for six hours. 😜😜
These two dudes know music, and they’re great guys. So if you don’t mind, I’d just like to say, as we Deathbats say, “Welcome to the family!”

Synner Endless Summer Collection
Synner Endless Summer Collection