• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Please Tell Me How My Cover Sounds

Gabriel Silva

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Nice playing mate, but you can take a little more time to learn each note of the first solo, I would turn down the guitar volume to fit better like the original version, there's no need to have the volume this high once you're playing over the backing track, and for the rhythm parts, its nice you've recorded 2 guitar parts, it sounds much better than a single guitar, but for better results I would try the left - right distribution at 75% for each side, not 100% left or right.

Reactions: Ian _Invader

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    It's a good start. Your two guitars are out of sync with each other, which leads me to believe that you recorded the first one to the backing track, and then the second one to the first one. Record each side's guitar part without the other playing in your monitor. Follow the drums, every time. I think you'll find they sync up better. I'd also spend some time getting bends a little smoother and working on bending to pitch perfectly.

Good start, though. Very listenable. Keep going!

MaddoxDelgado

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Feb 5, 2023
    Lake Mary, FL
    It's a good start. Your two guitars are out of sync with each other, which leads me to believe that you recorded the first one to the backing track, and then the second one to the first one. Record each side's guitar part without the other playing in your monitor. Follow the drums, every time. I think you'll find they sync up better. I'd also spend some time getting bends a little smoother and working on bending to pitch perfectly.

Good start, though. Very listenable. Keep going!
    Yeah I got frustrated doing the bends a little bit because I was learning the program while recording this and couldnt find what I needed. I had a click track as well as the backing track so I was mostly focusing on that but there are a few times where I was going off the guitar. Thanks for the tips.