• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Practicing in every key

G

I would ask you guys how to practice in all keys. There’re many patterns, melodic ideas and scales to learn in one key. That’s very demanding
and I practice only in A minor, because I feel more comfortable than improvising in other keys. And my question is how to go out from one
key.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Basically changing a lick to a different key is simply changing the position you’re doing it in. let’s say you want to do it in Bm instead of Am you move the lick/scake or whatever one full tone(2 frets) and you have it in Bm. The same for every other key as well. Basically try to know your intervals well that should help with transposing.
Hope this helps

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
It’s funny cause when I started to learn my scales here after the caged system videos, I realized a lot of my songs I wrote are in different keys. But the solos were all in one key. So I had to change a lot up to mix and match. And As I go further into the videos, I keep wanting to go back and change things up lol. It’s a frustrating process for sure. But the rewards are out of this world. You never think something can sound better then it already did, until it does.