• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Proposal for Syn’s Fractal AXE FX Presets

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I would love it, though not really to USE them; just to pick them apart and learn. I think Cooper Carter is probably the guy who helped build them, and I’d love to be able to dig in and understand his work and process. Syn’s tone is awesome, and works amazingly well for him and Avenged Sevenfold, but I wouldn’t want to flat-out USE his tone. I like that the cab pack is out there, and I use his ISO cab for the bulk of my tones – not to “Sound like Syn,” but because of it’s direct properties and how it reacts to the way I like to dial my amps and where they sit in a mix with that cab.
    Actually, as I think about it, I’m a lot more interested in some of the more unique clean or semi-clean tones, like the ones for Buried Alive or Roman Sky. That sort of thing.
    However, I don’t think Syn is too interested in doing that. He’s been asked, and seems to prefer to offer some of the tools (cab pack) without making it too easy to comp his exact tones. Most major artists are like that, and I really don’t blame them.