• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Rhythm or lead

G

Hi guys I’m going to talk about rhythm and lead. So I used to fool myself and say I was a lead player my second year into playing I noticed I needed to work on my rhythm and timing so I worked on that imaged of lead. Then I noticed I need to work on lead playing. So basically do you guys have any suggestions to help me balance the two. I want to be mainly rhythm but I want to be able to write a good solo. Also which do you prefer rhythm or lead? And do you like syn or Zacky more as a guitar player let me know.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I am personally more of a lead guitar player. As to who I prefer, it’s hard because rhytm is probably more important in band situation than lead but i really liek melodies and stuff so i I gravitate more towars Syn (even though Zacky plays mean lead stuff as well).
The way I practice my rhytm and lend stuffs at the same time s usually by Just learning complete songs with vocals from start to finish because then you will have the solo(s) and thet riffs (rhytm) in one go.

Joe Giumarello

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
www.tiktok.com
For me, I usually learn the most by playing songs, recognizing strumming patterns, arpeggios, etc. A great person that played lead and rhythm was Randy Rhodes. Songs like SATO, I Don’t Know, Mr. Crowley all have great rhythm parts and lead parts for just one guitar player. Personally, I’m a huge fan of Syn, so lean more to the lead side when I play. But keep in mind that Zacky can play a lot of the harmonies that Syn writes, so I imagine his lead playing (although we don’t hear him solo) is pretty great.

G

Yes I am working on making harmonies so I think the way it could be easier making a solo. I think overall syn if a better lead player and zacky is better at rhythm so their rules are definitely perfect for the band. And they definitely tie together well

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ana Psuturi

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I can’t really define what I like to play more : rhythm or lead, I think they are both equal and important in any song. And If you’re playing lead you can be rhythmic in there as well, make solo more groovy and really fit with rhythmsection of a band. As to who I like better, I prefer Syn,but Zacky is a great guitar player and does a lot of job on stage as well/