• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Riff Categories Poll

Should we simplify the categories?

• Total voters
J

Jak Angelescu

Hello there students! I'm just doing a little bit of a check up on something. As I go through the media categories, AKA the riff page, I will see somebody will have posted in a specific category. And luckily it does pop up in the main riff page like what we worked on. However, it makes it difficult to just click to the next video as what happens, is that it just takes you to the next video in that category but not the next video on the main riff page. Then you have to go back and it takes you all the way up to the top again. I am finding myself having to go all over the categories to make sure I don't leave anything behind. So my question for you guys is, do you think the riff categories are necessary? We all initially liked them but I'm finding some categories are not getting the attention like the other ones are. I was thinking about removing all the categories and classifying it simply as tutorials, all riffs, and lesson practices.

J

Jak Angelescu

I kind of like the idea of them all being in the same place in sequential order for viewing purposes. That being said, maybe there’s a way to do that but still add tags so if you wanted to filter the videos you could.
Thank you for your feedback. I was just remembering how it used to be in the old school days. Lol. Old school. It's such a pun lol. It was a lot easier for everyone to be viewed and to navigate. It was simply forward or back no clicking around in a bunch or directions and no having to decipher a what category you are going to put your thing into

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Honestly, as much as i think the categories are a good thing, i dont really think that in terms of new riffs they truly seperate things. Seeing as no matter what category they’re put into, you still see every new riff posted. But They are immensely useful for going back to look at older videos In certain categories and like say you’re flipping back and forth between browser tabs to compare two videos. It makes it much easier to find. I say keep ‘em for archive sake. Just my two cents!

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    a
    Honestly, as much as i think the categories are a good thing, i dont really think that in terms of new riffs they truly seperate things. Seeing as no matter what category they’re put into, you still see every new riff posted. But They are immensely useful for going back to look at older videos In certain categories and like say you’re flipping back and forth between browser tabs to compare two videos. It makes it much easier to find. I say keep ‘em for archive sake. Just my two cents!
    prior to the change, let’s say I posted a riff in the beginners corner, it wouldn’t show up on the main page unless you specifically searched that category. I like how it’s set up now where reg odd
    Thank you for your feedback. I was just remembering how it used to be in the old school days. Lol. Old school. It's such a pun lol. It was a lot easier for everyone to be viewed and to navigate. It was simply forward or back no clicking around in a bunch or directions and no having to decipher a what category you are going to put your thing into
    yeah I remember those days a bit. I also remember, if I’m not mistaken, at one point if you didn’t upload to the main student riff thing then they wouldn’t show on the main page and nobody ever saw them unless they specifically filtered for the category you used. I could be wrong. But I feel like it was like that at one point.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Not gonna Vote right now cause I think it's more important to Talk about it. It is Not really a Problem the way I use it. Because I usually use it on my PC and Check which Riffs I haven't Seen. Then I Open a Tab for each of them. I agree with Alicia that the Categories are basicly a good Thing and we should think about a way to Access all Riffs the way you describe it.

Shouldn't it be that way anyway? 😅 Why do we have Like an "all" Filter If we can't Access all Riffs Like that?

Synner Endless Summer Collection