• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

NEW MEDIA CATEGORY CREATED FOR THE SERIOUS STUDENT

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey there, Synners! How are we all enjoying the new site? I know I am!

As we still navigate this brand new and exciting path, you may notice some modest changes along the way. One of them was my idea, and Audentio immediately jumped to do it.

WHAT'S NEW

"Student Exercises" media files have been moved into "Riffs", and "STUDENT LESSON PRACTICES" have taken its place.

I created the "Student Exercises" category for aspiring student teachers to get their feet wet by teaching and sharing some of their favorite exercises. But clearly, not only did it not get a lot of traction, students misunderstood the purpose and just threw up exercises they were doing. Which is totally fine, but it missed the purpose.

NOW, with the new category "Student Lesson Practices" - THIS CATEGORY IS ONLY, STRICTLY (I mean SUPER STRICTLY) USED FOR STUDENTS SHOWCASING THEIR LESSON PRACTICES FROM THE SCHOOL. If you are practicing an exercise from a lesson or the lesson content, or showing what you learned, this will be allowed in this category. Of course, you can still post your work to the general "Riffs" category, but if ANY OTHER CONTENT IS POSTED TO THIS CATEGORY IT WILL BE DELETED. Yes, that's right. I, nor the team, are going to waste our time moving your content into the appropriate category. IT WILL BE DELETED.

I created this category because, although "Riffs" was originally suppose to be the place for this, "Riffs" category gets bombarded with covers and it's hard to navigate to find someone working on the lesson content. So please feel free to post your progress and hard work here!

Much love, kittens!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Tbh, I always thought tutorials was for teaching and student exercises was to show you doing an exercise or show an exercise.

Besides that I kinda wanna put my teaching stuff in soundslice now (@Alicia Willis told me it helps for beginners when they can see my fingers so I figured that would be helpful too) I always tried to out my teaching stuff in the tutorial bit 😅😅

Love this idea tho ! When I finally find the motivation/time to do the hybrid picking exercise or casually practice an etude I'll make sure to upload them there !

J

Jak Angelescu

Tbh, I always thought tutorials was for teaching and student exercises was to show you doing an exercise or show an exercise.

Besides that I kinda wanna put my teaching stuff in soundslice now (@Alicia Willis told me it helps for beginners when they can see my fingers so I figured that would be helpful too) I always tried to out my teaching stuff in the tutorial bit 😅😅

Love this idea tho ! When I finally find the motivation/time to do the hybrid picking exercise or casually practice an etude I'll make sure to upload them there !
tutorials were suppose to be song tutorials. Student exercises were for students to demonstrate and teach exercises they love and enjoy. But regardless, somewhere the description didn't come through

Reactions: idssdi
Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy

As we still navigate this brand new and exciting path, you may notice some modest changes along the way. One of them was my idea, and Audentio immediately jumped to do it.

WHAT'S NEW

"Student Exercises" media files have been moved into "Riffs", and "STUDENT LESSON PRACTICES" have taken its place.

I created the "Student Exercises" category for aspiring student teachers to get their feet wet by teaching and sharing some of their favorite exercises. But clearly, not only did it not get a lot of traction, students misunderstood the purpose and just threw up exercises they were doing. Which is totally fine, but it missed the purpose.

NOW, with the new category "Student Lesson Practices" - THIS CATEGORY IS ONLY, STRICTLY (I mean SUPER STRICTLY) USED FOR STUDENTS SHOWCASING THEIR LESSON PRACTICES FROM THE SCHOOL. If you are practicing an exercise from a lesson or the lesson content, or showing what you learned, this will be allowed in this category. Of course, you can still post your work to the general "Riffs" category, but if ANY OTHER CONTENT IS POSTED TO THIS CATEGORY IT WILL BE DELETED. Yes, that's right. I, nor the team, are going to waste our time moving your content into the appropriate category. IT WILL BE DELETED.

I created this category because, although "Riffs" was originally suppose to be the place for this, "Riffs" category gets bombarded with covers and it's hard to navigate to find someone working on the lesson content. So please feel free to post your progress and hard work here!

Much love, kittens!
    Great Idea!

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019

WHAT'S NEW

Much love, kittens!
    I'm confused at the moment. I'll try to rethink and ask my question in the morning.