• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Stickers/ Customizing Guitars

Isaac Moss

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
What’s going on guys! Hey so in the past few months I’ve been deterred from buying a signature guitar, even though Syn’s, Zacky’s and Dime’s are literally the coolest thing ever I just don’t want to be a “copycat” if you know what I mean. I love crazy insane looking guitars! Even though I might end up changing my mind and getting one someday haha. So instead I thought being fifteen and I don’t have the money to try and get a custom(if you’re not famous can you even get one lol) I started putting stickers on my Epiphone Les Paul and so far I really like them. I got a Metallica sticker, a Steve Vai one and I recently found a Synner sticker that I ordered that I’m gonna put under the bridge! How have you guys customized your guitars or does the thought of puttin’ stickers on it make you cringe!?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I did on my plain black RG550 back when I was in my early 20s. If you go to my profile and look at one of my videos (the one with the long hair, you can see that guitar loaded up with stickers). Nowadays, most of my axes have really nice tops and finishes, and I wouldn’t dream of putting stickers on them. I even peeled off the ones on the RG probably 7-8 years ago. The only customization I do now is hardware – pickups, locking tuners, straplocks, etc. Though I did just buy real wood pickup rings and trem handle for my PRS – those should arrive next week.

Isaac Moss

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nice man I’ll go look at it! I get not wanting to put stickers on some of them, especially like a Syn Gates guitar or a PRS or something. I think I got them sticker idea from Frank Iero of My Chemical Romance originally, the dude put random words and stuff in big stickers on his Les Pauls! Although I think like an old, beat up looking guitar with stickers on it is the coolest thing on the planet!

Synner Endless Summer Collection