• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synyster Gates Intense solo

Arite Khape

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I just wanna know how our Syn Gates writes his fucking awesome solos ( literally no words to describe how awesome they are)
Hoping Syn himself will read and answer!
always wanted to write solos like you syn, maybe not as good as yours but just similar tone and scales!
Thank you
Arite (Big Fan)

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
To me it always seems like having good melodic sense and really making sure that your solo fits the backingtrack you are playing over. At least someone apparently said that he could really hear Syn’s influence on me in my solos

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
I’m sure it also entails having a keen mind when it comes to music theory and chord/scale relationships. That being said, you can know all the music theory in the world, but you’ve still gotta have some soul to make a great solo. Syn has all the skills and still applies soul and style to make his guitar orgasm into all of our ears lol

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Well just take into account what kinda song you are writing. For example if you have a slow ballad you should really not shred like crazy because it sounds out of place. When you have a backingtrack that is a bit more up tempo and a bit crazier you can shred a bit more. At least that is how I always try to write my solos.

Synner Endless Summer Collection