• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Take your time and enjoy the process

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Whaddup Synner Fam!

Hope you are all doing good.

Been a while I posted here, but as usual I lurk around here.

I wanted to share some insights I came across over the last couple of months regarding the art of guitar.

My first revelation was: slow down!

In todays world days go by faster because we have a lot of distractions. And comparing ourselves with other players is doing us no favours. Don't let the world distract you from your journey. Every one of us is on their own journey, and it's gonna take as long as it needs to take. A lifetime.

Second insight: find your balance and discipline

Practicing......who really wants to do it? Sitting down and mindlessly playing is way more fun!
Well, if we want to grow...we gotta plant the seeds and water it every day, only way plant is gonna grow!
So what can you do?
Put things into persective, why do you play an instrument? Glory and fame? Or rather because music is part of you? If the latter is the case, practice daily not because you want to, but because it is a part of you and you owe it to yourself!

But how do you actually do it?

Know thyself and figure out what works best you!

In my case, making a good environment for practice help a lot! A scented candle and a nice cup of tea did the trick! I also try to sweeten the deal and watch a video whilst warming up to make the process less of a choir. Once the first step is done, im usually ready to go.

Third insight: invest in an interface!

Seriously, best choice I made recently. It has allowed me a lot of flexibility! I can practice without restraints and the feeling of annoying my neighbours, which in the past held me back inmensely! Be it 6 p.m. or 4 a.m (yes more than once I practice during that time) I get my daily practice in!

Anyhow, I hope this helps!

Happy Practicing I wish you all

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    On that last point (they're all great, but I want to comment on the last one), I have never felt liberated more, perhaps in my entire life, than when I got my first modeler, a PodHD 500 and could play silently whenever I wanted. It was a brand new life. One of the biggest reasons I'm an AxeFX guy now.

Thanks CS!

Alexander

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    AZ
    I got an interface this past year and that led me getting monitors and midi controllers. Sounds amazing! Now a friend gifted me his pro tools perpetual license a while back, which is nice because I don’t feel pressured by the subscription costs… But I have been playing with the settings and I can’t seem to figure how to record with my DSPs.

Reactions: Christian Schulze

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I got an interface this past year and that led me getting monitors and midi controllers. Sounds amazing! Now a friend gifted me his pro tools perpetual license a while back, which is nice because I don’t feel pressured by the subscription costs… But I have been playing with the settings and I can’t seem to figure how to record with my DSPs.
    I got some Ableton Live lite with my Focusrite, stil learning how to do it. But as everything, it will come with time. Slow and steady wins the case.

Synner Endless Summer Collection