• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tips on playing cleaner

david ruiztagle

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
You have to play slooooooow!! Then gradually build up on the pace. Every guitarist worth his salt uses a metronome (even expert players) to maintain and improve the tempo in their digits. It’s a CONSTANT struggle to maintain, like a bodybuilder trying to maintain his mass.

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
A lot of time and a little patience is key! Once you spend a lot of time with your instrument you tend to get a feel for it. Pretty soon it’ll just be natural to not hit the unwanted strings! Mistakes will still happen but not nearly as often! Practice practice practice! Then more practice never hurts haha

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dale Burroughs

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Speed and comfort are key, if you keep track of speed you shouldn’t have a problem. Another important thing is playing things that you are comfortable with, if you play something not in your skill set its not going to help make you any better. All shredders got to start somewhere bud. Good Luck!

TheMighty Jambi

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
I use a program called Best Practice. It is free open source. Should be able to find it with a google search.
It has helped me a lot. The program allows you to slow the song down without changing the pitch and you can also create loop points.
You even even change the pitch of the song to match the tuning your guitar is in.
It has helped me a lot for learning tough stuff and just trying to learn songs by ear.
Best advice I can give is slow it down till you can play it clean without even thinking about it. Then gradually increase the speed. Speed then just comes naturally.

Tobi Schnau

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Before you start practicing make sure the way you want to play the pattern is played the most efficient and you don’t do unnecessary pickstrokes. Make sure u are muting (playing with high gain will make unwanted noises louder so u can make sure u are muting).watch your pickslanting. check out troy grady on youtube to leran about pickslanting.

Synner Endless Summer Collection